Fishsticks 50G Starphire Rimless Build

i current am rebuilding my tank, i broke down the tank an have upgraded most of my equipment. new skimmer, new controllers, and new plumbing, also new radion pro fixture. ill have some pics tomorrow.

sorry they suck but im still cleaning the tank..
as u can see i have the drain with some bends and stuff. the return line will be cut an hard pvc will be put in i just got my reefkeeper SL1, im waiting on my reefkeeper elite to come in and my radion pro fixture. ill have some more pics when my return pump comes in.

Very nice and clean sump. Glad you put a union after your return pump. I had a sea cucumber get sucked up in my return and had to take that line apart.

i cant sleep with the skimmer on overnight, is running it for the majority of the day fine? from 8am to 10pm?
also my levels are as followed...(i just dosed with 2pt b-ionic 10ml 4 hours before testing) i notice my alk/cal still low ill test again tomorrow an dose 10 more ml
cal: 350
mag: 1350
alk: 8.3 dkh
ph: 8.15
salinity: 1.026

This I know I'm just wondering why he went with this option for his sump.:Cheers: just out of curiosity

hey hey goby, well i had a fuge the last set up. i didnt like the chaeto, i believe now if you have chaeto growing there is something u must fix. you shouldnt have chaeto thriving in a reeftank when the goal is low phosphates, many say it removes phosphates from the tank but i believe it just masked it for me. its just my personal experience and i dont mean to start a whole war on it, i just wanted more filtration that takes a lil less upkeep. but then again i can be wrong an might go back to refugium with chaeto, im just experimenting. it was messing down there always had to turn the chaeto an stuff in such a tight spot can get messy.

also i kinda need some help with dosing an levels...
im fairly new to the dosing world
my alk is 8.0 my cal is 380.
my ph was fairly low around 7.8, when i dosed 2part b-ionic. my ph climbed to a nice 8.30 and has been sitting there for the last 3 days. my cal and alk have been sitting where they r now for the last 3 days also. as of right now my tank sits at

Mag: 1500
Alk: 8
Cal: 380
Sal: 1.026
Nitrite: 0
Nitrates: 0
phosphates: .10
Ammo: 0
PH: 8.31

i wanted my cal atleast up to 400 and my alk at 9.

Last edited:
Back