Fishsticks 50G Starphire Rimless Build

It can get super deep blue if you run just the blues.
Little Fish is right, their natural setting gets pretty yellow, especially in the morning. You are better off messing with your own custom programming.
And last i heard they were tweaking the colors of natural mode. Mine would get super green at the very end of the cycle. Looked positively radioactive for the last few minutes.

ok everything is up an running, just a few minor tweaks here and there and everything should be ok, here are a couple of snaps with sand and starter rock.

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

Im betting you put it on the natural cycle - which is super yellow and also has the LEDs at 100% intensity which is going to be very shocking any corals you might have. You need to go in a reprogram the cycle

yes true, i will start off low maybe around 25% im, :D. also does anyone know how high i should hang these puppy from water level???

I'm guessing programmer error and not programming error. These are the best LEDs out there I highly doubt they are anything but fabulous. Jus sayin

well i didnt program it i was just messing with the colors manually, maybe i was in a rush since i had class that night? iono, i hope ur right

And if you don't like it you can always send it to me. I've already learned how to use the software and I don't even have the light! :D

ur first on my list alex lol :P

It can get super deep blue if you run just the blues.
Little Fish is right, their natural setting gets pretty yellow, especially in the morning. You are better off messing with your own custom programming.
And last i heard they were tweaking the colors of natural mode. Mine would get super green at the very end of the cycle. Looked positively radioactive for the last few minutes.

ah got ya, ok ill do my hw and really research and experiment before i post again about the radions. :D

That looks SUHWEET!!! :D :bounce: :Cheers:

thanks d2 :Cheers:

Honestly I dont think a chiller is needed if you just have a fan running across the water surface, just my two cents

I agree with waddi I would just try the fan first before sinking money somewhere where it wont be needed..

Honestly I dont think a chiller is needed if you just have a fan running across the water surface, just my two cents

I agree with waddi I would just try the fan first before sinking money somewhere where it wont be needed..

your right i think ill just wait it out and see if i need a fan or a chiller all together, my room might not be that hot to where i need a chiller.
but if it does get hot ill try a fan first, but the thing about fans is.. wont it help my water evaporate quickly?

Possibly. But think of it as an extra powerhead; itll ripple the surface and help with gas exchange. 2 birds with one stone!

yeap for some reason when I reconnected everything and decided to give it a go again it prompted me for an update, but previously I tried updating and nothing. after reading and watching videos I got it working and man is it sweet, I ordered my hanging kit, just waiting on it now. I will have the power outlet in the attic and ill place the ballast in the attic as well, the lights will be completely suspended with no wires coming down.

Last edited:
Back