Fishsticks 50G Starphire Rimless Build

I would make them peak at about 25-35% for a week and then ramp them up slowly.... so week two would peak at about 45-50% and so on.....just my two cents

I would make them peak at about 25-35% for a week and then ramp them up slowly.... so week two would peak at about 45-50% and so on.....just my two cents

would it matter that i have 0 coral? cant i start these puppies off at about 50% max. also will i have to do this 20-30% for a week or so everytime i add new coral?

I wouldn't worry about the lights if you don't have any coral yet. But when you do add coral you will probably have to turn them down a bit for the coral to adjust, depending on placement in the tank. Or leave the lights as is and place the coral in a lesser lit area and slowly move it towards where you want it permanently. Or do like me and just place it somewhere and hope for the best. :mrgreen:

I wouldn't worry about the lights if you don't have any coral yet. But when you do add coral you will probably have to turn them down a bit for the coral to adjust, depending on placement in the tank. Or leave the lights as is and place the coral in a lesser lit area and slowly move it towards where you want it permanently. Or do like me and just place it somewhere and hope for the best. :mrgreen:

got ya, what % are ur lights at? i think i might start off at 75% max and not the 100% to see how stuff grows for the first few weeks.

He doesnt have a tank up right now....but if i woulda known u had no corals i woulda said put it at whatever % you want..................

I was running mine pretty damn high. 100% at first until i realized that was a bit too bright. I had a really bright fixture before that though so my corals were used to a lot of light. I would start at 75 and see how they do. Mine were tied together via some drilled aluminum bar and then hung from the ceiling with a Sunlight Supply hanging kit. And i think i settled on about 8" from the water surface.

20110816DSC1986EcoTech.jpg

20110816DSC1949EcoTechLayers.jpg

the big day is here one of the final steps in finishing up this tank, the hanging kit for my radion has arrived :D. i will be hanging them shortly and posting pics of the hidden power supply.

excuse the tank still a bit dirty, i will be in the attic today running a new outlet to the area where the wire/ballast of the radion will be and connect everything up there. the lights will be completely suspended and no wires coming down at all. next week i buy my 2nd vortech mp10w

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

Back