Fishsticks 50G Starphire Rimless Build

got my water tested yesterday and everything checked out ok, i assume.. the kid seemed high eh. sofar my coral have been in 30mins and they have opened up already, good sign i guess they like the water.. my ph is a bit low i just dosed to bump it up, also d2 i have the same controller u had in ur tank how did u set up the dosing for alk/ph

excuse the tank still a bit dirty, i will be in the attic today running a new outlet to the area where the wire/ballast of the radion will be and connect everything up there. the lights will be completely suspended and no wires coming down at all. next week i buy my 2nd vortech mp10w

looks good!

The dosing is/was done through two BRS Dosing Pumps, controlled by the RKL via Timers, and two of the BRS narrow jugs filled with 2-part

one down side : / for some reason i really cant use the radions as moonlights its still bright on its lowest setting. something ecotech should look into

I still think this is operator error. Yes Eco tech has its glitches but your should be able to tweak it to whatever you want bro. YouTube video do some research. Mine isn't even up yet I know everything about this fixture.

I used mine as moonlights.
You have to bring just the royal blues down to around 20% in night mode. Everything else at 0%.

I still think this is operator error. Yes Eco tech has its glitches but your should be able to tweak it to whatever you want bro. YouTube video do some research. Mine isn't even up yet I know everything about this fixture.

i agreed the first time but this time i read up on them used them alot an played with the settings a ton. everything smooth until i reach moonlight set up or from 8pm on up...

I used mine as moonlights.
You have to bring just the royal blues down to around 20% in night mode. Everything else at 0%.

yeap agreed d2, but what i guess ur all confused about or with is that im comparing it to another led system i had that had specific leds for moonlight... but this should be no different, i mastered how to work up a schedule (no biggie after messing with them for hours) now i have my royal blues set to 5% and my brightness at 20% the rest are at 0.
i tested out the brightness in the royal blues, from its LOWEST coming on % to its highest. at 4% the blues dont come only at 5% when my brightness is at 20%. my brightness wont let me go above 20% but that shouldnt matter when im only interested in the lowest % for my royal blues. even in manual mode when im just messing with the lights, its lowest setting is still a bit bright, very noticeably bright. moonlights should have a real light light dark dark blue shimmer over the tank but not these puppies. its more of a low light blue.

I understand what you are saying but the amount of light per led is pretty low. There's just alot of them i guess. And ya, they seem to need a certain amount of power to come. They are kinda iffy for a few percent on the low end until you reach a number high enough that they definitely light up. What would be a nice feature at some point is if they could have a moonlight program where only a small number of the blue led's lit up, rather than all of them. But regardless, I ran mine this way and it was fine. Oh and yes, night mode wont go above 20%.

I understand what you are saying but the amount of light per led is pretty low. There's just alot of them i guess. And ya, they seem to need a certain amount of power to come. They are kinda iffy for a few percent on the low end until you reach a number high enough that they definitely light up. What would be a nice feature at some point is if they could have a moonlight program where only a small number of the blue led's lit up, rather than all of them. But regardless, I ran mine this way and it was fine. Oh and yes, night mode wont go above 20%.

yeap u got it d2 :) tell them d2 ur their guy they would listen, to give u an option for like 1 or 2 LEDs on at night instead of all the blues. :P

welp this build is almost coming to an end, here is one of the last major mods. no wires loose all in the attic...

IMG_2405.jpg

That looks awesome! Nice job. :)
How high is the light?
I think they recommend around 6-8" from the water surface.
But of course the higher it is the more spread you will have.

i have total brightness at 85% and my whites at 75% and my blues at 50% and my royal blues at 90% and my red/green both at 20% this is the high during the day which last about 6-8 hours. whats ur % d2

Oh ok it looked way higher in the pic.

I was running natural mode most recently with the overall brightness turned down to around 85% and the depth set pretty low but don't remember exactly what.

Back