Fishsticks Custom 130Gallon Rimless, LED Build

quick question i have worms! :grumble:

worms in the fuge, i think they are called bristle worms, long pinkish brownish orange-ish. lotta legs. is that ok to have? also i have a ton of pods they r huge i have been tossing in pellets and they go at it lol they come out the algae an start chowing down.

They are a sign of good biodiversity in your tank. They are an excellent clean up crew, albeit creepy ones!
Pods are great too - as for tossing in pellets, it's fine, as long as your tank's filtration is taking care of them without any nitrate spikes.

well im selling my new tank now lol, anyone interested? 2000$ if so. :frustrat:
everything complete skimmer,lights,fuge/sump,rkl, the whole works. the tank itself is valued at 1500. if u guys know anyone in california, near LA im selling it.

Sorry to hear that you're getting rid of the setup...but I do believe that this hobby should be more enjoyment than work. Although there is some work to be done with our tanks, it shouldn't get to a point where we're spending more time "working" on it, instead of enjoying our work.

Sorry to hear that you're getting rid of the setup...but I do believe that this hobby should be more enjoyment than work. Although there is some work to be done with our tanks, it shouldn't get to a point where we're spending more time "working" on it, instead of enjoying our work.

Well said.

i agree with u smitty, i just think its overkill also. 100gallon set up for my small bedroom, though i made good use of the space. im going with a biocube 29 hqi set up, the new one. i had the old biocube but i hear great stuff about the new. i would like to thank everyone for following my thread on this build. my new thread should be coming shortly. i will never give up my hobby i love it too much. this time im going in with alot of knowledge an this new build should be a perfect fit for my bedroom. i dont want to put the big tank in the living room, i wont to be able to see it all the time, i spend all my time in my room either doing hw or working. thats why i wont set it up in the living room. thanks everyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:
Thank you for being a responsible hobbyist, and knowing when too much is just too much. I've had a 125 gal a few yrs ago, and it was a lot of maintenance, plus it never looked complete or full. Having my 29gal reef gives me the same gratification, with a lighter work load, and as you can tell in the pics, it looks complete and full.

thanks smitty, i kinda miss my old 29 also. :( i cant wait to get the upgrade versio :bounce:

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

Have you thought about doing an actual 29g? I only ask because the actual tank size on the AIO tanks are smaller then advertised. With the 28/29g AIOs you only have about 20-22 gallons worth of space, and it feels cramped quickly.

yes very true usually the display is only about 20-25 gallons while the back chamber holds the rest of the water. i will post new pics of the biocube hqi i purchased and yes.... the big rimless is gone.

ty marineswife :) its my old tank. i sold it months ago :(
I am partial to the bowfront......mostly because it is what I have and I love looking at others and plan out what mine could look like. I could understand being sad about it, when I finally do upgrade I dont know how I will feel about letting this one go....I have learned everything from this tank an so much work is going into it.

Also
Do you like fishdicks? ;)

Back