Fishy's First Ever 90g Aquarium!!

After a lot of testing cords and various parts of my lights, I've determined that one of the power supply units to my AI Sols is fried. The light fixture itself still works (the good news), but I have no way to actually plug both lights in now. I'm going to be spending a lot of time tomorrow dealing with customer service to hopefully get the supply cord replaced. In the mean time, I guess I'll be swapping the single supply cord between the two lighting units so that my corals are at least getting half a days worth of light until I get a new cord. Fingers crossed they replace the cord without too much trouble and that I don't lose corals in the mean time. Still have no idea what I'm going to do about the gallons of water that have soaked into my office carpet or how I'm going to fix the return line so that this doesn't happen again, but one step at a time I guess....

Rent a carpet shampooer from your local grocery store (many have them; check up near customer service). Don't fill up the shampooer part, just use it to suck the water up. That's what i did when i accidentally left my ro/di running all day and came home to about 30 gallons on my floor......

Thanks for the support and words of advice everyone! So today has been a mixed bag, but mostly good considering the situation. All of the fish seem to be getting along so far - the basslet (yet to be named) is still hiding in the rocks, but ventured into the arch/cave a few times today to check things out; Cora the six-line wrasse is very well behaved so far and totally ignoring the shrimp and blenny, who is quite curious about the wrasse. The clowns are unexpectedly swimming all over the tank making themselves very familiar with their new home and have yet to pick their area. They spent some time today hanging out at the entrance to the cave so I'm hoping they don't decide to take over this area and keep others out, but we'll see. So far they've completely ignored the nice frogspan and torch that I got for them - no surprise there LOL. My blenny and chromis seem thrilled to have newcomers and want to hang out near them all the time, and no one seems to mind this yet. :)

I wasn't able to get a replacement cord for my light because accidents with salt water aren't covered by warranty. So I shelled out another $50 for a new cord and am hoping it ships quickly. Going to hold off for a few days before trying the outlet again to see if its still arching. In the mean time I'm very glad there is a second outlet and that for now everything is plugged in (minus the stuff in the sump which again is out of commission until the return line gets fixed).

The housekeeper at work was kind enough to vacuum the water out of my office today - apparently we have a wet/dry vac at the hospital and he used that discretely so that it wasn't broadcast to everyone that I flooded my office - bless him! My office still smells god awful, kinda like sweaty feet, and the carpet has some serious salt creep issues going on. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the salt creep or smell?

Did a small water change tonight and sucked out more crud on the bottom of the tank that I think is largely coming off of my rocks (do rocks slowly dissolve?) - and managed to retrieve my MIA frag - yay! It took a lot of patience, persistence, and working with a combination of airline tubing and hard plastic tubing. I finally got it into an area where I could push it out into the open and grab it. Hopefully it will still be where I left it in the morning and not back on my urchin lol

Also discovered that I think my tank is not fully level. I definitely used a level when I first set it up, but the water line tonight in the front was closer to the black rim on the top of the tank than it was in the back. I've got to get a level and check it again. I'm in serious trouble if its not level and have no idea what I'm going to do - maybe it was just my tired eyes.... pray for no more disasters for a while!

And we're back! The new power supply for my lights arrived last night, and my tank is fully lit again - yay!! Everyone still seems to be getting along swimmingly and the basslet even let my cleaner shrimp clean his mouth and body yesterday - the shrimp was thrilled, he's been trying to offer his services to my other fish for months with no takers LOL. Sump is still shut down, but I've got another 30g of water made up and ready to go for a water change and to replenish the water in my sump. I should be able to get back in on Sunday to get everything working again. In the mean time, I checked my parameters yesterday and everything looks fantastic despite the increased bioload and feeding in my tank. So far so good!

Very impatiently waiting for the FedEx guy to arrive with my new fish! He should be here by now and I need to get to the office!

He's here, he's in my tank, and he's GORGEOUS!!!! Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse!!!!

Female clown already took a bite out of his tail fin, showing who's boss. He wasn't even near her territory. Oh well, as long as he doesn't jump, I'm happy!

And I picked up a few new frags too that are still in the dip. Pics when lights are on and acclimation is over!

(and I added a blenny to my 10g too, so watch for an update on that later ;) )

Here he is! Not the best shot, but it will have to do for now!

He's the largest and most aggressive fish in my tank so far. Despite just being added, he definitely made his presence known by getting into it with the basslet and nipping at my poor blenny who just wants to be everyone's friend! The female clown did get a bite out of him shortly after I dropped him in, but now that he knows where he is I don't think he'll let that happen again lol. For a "peaceful" fish, I sure am glad I waited to add him!

Updates and some *very* long overdue pics of additions and FTS!

First the additions that I haven't previously posted pics of:

Birthday present that I picked up last weekend! (pearl bubble coral - I really like how cool the skeleton is on this!)

New darth mauls (last ones died and I got this rock w/ 16 polyps + a hitchhiking encrusting goniopora for $50)

Bam bams that I picked up from a local guy 2 weeks ago

Another pick up from a local reefer - any ideas what these are?

Zoos I got this weekend for $15! I like these a lot, no idea what type they are!

Blue zoos I got awhile ago from Reefs2go (one of 2 frags that survived out of 5) - and I'm very excited to report that these just sprouted a baby and maybe a second one on the other side!

My beautiful domino clown pair - so in love with these characters! The white outlining shows better on the female, but is present on the male as well - I expect his will darken with age, and I expect their orange snouts to darken as well. They are currently about 2 1/3 and 2 inches or so.

Love this shot!

Cora my very cryptic six-line!

Astrid (my blenny) watching over Cora

My black-cap basslet who has yet to be officially named (so far he's been called Enrique, Fernando, Fabio, and Amadeus)

Thriving coral pics up next!

7 head trumpet coral!

The frag of long lost green zoos that got stuck in the far corner of my tank!

Frogspawn (though not as open as it was before I adjusted my lights, but maybe its been bothered by my ever growing shrimp that seems to have taken up residence with it)

Melon zoos (the other surviving reefs2go frag)

Fire & Ice or Horizons zoos that are growing off their frag rock, and something else mixed in, maybe green bay packers (one decent sized polyp and 2 tiny ones that are just becoming noticeable) - plus a wrasse photo bomb!

Another unknown zoo that's thriving - and a striped mushroom behind it that I want to move to a lower light spot but that has totally attached itself and refuses to move

Recovering australomussa - huge progress if I do say so myself!! You can see areas along the edge that haven't regrown, particularly the outer orange ring, but I am so impressed with the recovery this coral has shown in only 2 1/2 months - and it has developed many more eyes than it had before (the bluish ring is all eyes/mouths)

Before photo from mid-late march after its urchin-encounter (for reference):

Recovering monti - I don't think it will ever be the same, and I don't really know how much more it will recover, but I am still impressed by how far it has come as well

And the before photo:

Back