Fission nano skimmer, 5 gallons or less

hibye

Reef enthusiast
i have one on my ten gallon and it says up to 20 gallons when it should be 5. when i first bought it the directions were very bad becuse i followed them and i kept getting water in the collection cup so i kept messing around with it until i got it right.but now i think it sould be on a 5 galon or less because it barely takes any thing out,my skilter is better than this.so im thinking about getting a new one so what do you guys/gals recommend?try to keep the prices under 55$:frustrat:

I coulda told you the Nano Skimmer was a POS.

Did you do a search before you bought it? That would have saved you $25.

Go without a skimmer-just keep up with regular water changes.I don't find nano skimmers worth the investment.You can try an Aqua C nano skimmer but its over $55.

On a ten, it's about as easy to do a water change as it is to empty a collection cup. Since you need to do the changes, anyway, I'd just stick to that.

In my old 10, I did two (sometimes, rarely, three) gallons per week and never had a nitrate problem. The real key is to not over stock it - two fish, maximum, really. And, they should be small. I'd say that a false perc and a yellow clown goby would go well in a 10.

Course, I think you already have it set up so I'm really just talking to myself here :D

I have 3 small fish in my 12gallon aquapod, not a problem with nitrates
1. no skimmer
2. 1 1/2 gallons a week water change....

thanks for the advice guys.i cant use my DIY skimmer because its too big,and i did buy a little clenup crew at my LFS.3 nassariussnails 27$,some plant that the LFS guy/John said will help free,and 3 hermits i got the smallest ones they had 2.99 times 3

Back