Flame Angel Debate !!!!! To keep or not to keep

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
Ok so I picked up a couple new corals this weekend.

Another Big orange Birdsnest with green hairs about 6 to 8 inches Nice size and really nice looking.

Alslo picked up a Light neon green Bubble coral about maybe 9 to 11 inches when fully open. its nice and big i really like it alot.

So my question is my tham Flame Angel was picking on my Wellso and Acans and i got the sulution for that by making sure theres nori every morning on the clip before lights on. Those coral are doing good now.

Well now he has decided to pick at the New Birsdsnest. He did this a couple time the first day and today i did not really see him picking at it at all and it was fully open.
My question is could it be he was just being curieus ?? Or is he going to kill my new coral ??? Should i risk it >> Or should i just remove him?

Yes they are very curious when something new is introduced to the tank but I can't tell you that is all it is even though it very well could be. In my case with my Lemonpeel Angel it was a no brainer b/c my corals were looking like crap and my clam couldn't stay open because of the nipping. If you leave it in there I would continue to monitor closely as your corals will be a good indicator. If yours is just an every once in a while nip you should be fine but mine was doing it constantly. Good luck!

I went fishing for my Flame Angel for that same reason.
Mine wouldn't touch anything but SPS and he'd pick at em until they RTNed.

It's a chance thats taken whenever we keep any kind of Angel, Dwarf or otherwise.

Yeah i knew it would.be a chance but being i git him out of a reef tank that was being broken down i tought i was safe. Well kepping an eye on him today he hasnt niped at it yet. He now has to clips of nori one on each side.of the tank so that might be helping or so i hope. I guess ill keep an eye on everything and see what happens.

Get rid of him/her. Corals cost too much to be getting torn apart lol. Or, if you have another tank, set up a FOWLR and relocate him too there. Good luck with whatever you decide :)!

So far today he has left everything alone. and yesterday was fine also. So im just keeping a really close eye on him.

fish him out mate you wont change it once they are nipping maybe it got took back to the shop for that reason buddy
all the best shaun

He's saying, bring him to your LFS for store credit. You don't want to take a chance of him nipping at the corals. (At least, I think that's what he meant. Could be wrong)

They are beautiful fish but are notorious coral eaters....I would get him out before you look away and come back to real devastation....

Back