Flame Angel help

geomarq

Reefing newb
Had him for 4 weeks, and came home yesterday with him lying under a rock. I seperated him, put him up near the light, but he died. I hate loosing fish, feels like loosing a friend.

Ph has been stable, zero nitrites/nirates/ammonia, I know there was no copper or aluminum issues (had a seperate test performed-I had to use tap water)..

Would a 3-4degree temperature swing have put him into shock? The tank would always be 79-80degrees and with the cold temps that came in this weekend, water temp dropped to 76-77. I saw no spots, or unusual marks on it's body.He had been acting normally, eating, responsive, etc. Internal parasite? Any tricks or additives I could add to their food to Prevent this? someone mentioned he adds garlic to his frozen shrimp.

Had two small green chromids, a clown (1.5") and the flame was 2". Two small condi anemonies and two turbo snails. and I know salinity has been consistent because I got a refactometer some time ago and I've playing/testing it almost everyday.

Last edited:
a temp swing definitely could have done it, he could also been stung to death by the nems.

Also your tank is a bit young for those nems, keep an eye on them. If they die they could nuke your whole tank. Also clowns wont be hosted by a condy nem.

Also your tank is a bit young for those nems, keep an eye on them. If they die they could nuke your whole tank

- an ammonia spike?

You said your ammonia was at zero, correct?
The anemones release a toxin when they die that kills stuff in your tank, that is what we were refering to; nothing to do with ammonia.

Back