Flame Angel

I was told a flame or a coral beauty would be the best bets in my 46g, I don't think you would have a problem with it. Make sure it is the last fish though, I am still waiting to pick up my coral beauty.

A Flame Angel will work in a 33.But it does need to be your last fish to go in.Just remember that is an angel fish and therefore could nip at corals.

Love my flame angel but he spends so much time roaming BEHIND my rocks and I never see him. Its fun watching them fit through the smallest cracks and holes.

flame is a great choice for a 30 gallon tank. no problems there. good luck with him, they are so pretty

-Doc

I would opt for any other dwarf angel than the flame. They are expensive and vary sensitive to copper exposure. It is likely they were exposed to copper at some point and possibly at the retail level also.

From my experience flame angels exposed to copper will develop life ending liver damage. They will last 6 months to a year before they stop eating and die.

I must have gotten lucky with mine. I have had him for a year and he does great in my 90 at work. I had never heard of liver damage before. Interesting

-Doc

does anybody have any dwarf angel suggestions? I like the coral beauty but I want to stay away from blue. My background is blue (and i kind of like the bright look it gives, although I am thinking I may change it to black) and I want something that will stand out...maybe a lemonpeel?

avoid the lomon-peel unless you want to provide a nice snack for it with all of your corals. they are just not safe for corals. the best pygmy angels are: Flame angel, coral beauty, and potters angel. I have had all of them over the years and they are all pretty good with corals.

-Doc

I've had my Flame for about 8 months I guess.No problems what so ever.
I agree with Doc.Lemon peels like to snack on corals to much.

Back