Flameback Angel ?

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by jarock, Sep 17, 2010.

1. jarock

jarock

I was wondering if anyone has had one and what there thoughts are on them a local guy i know is selling one and its pretty sweet. Also is it reef safe and are they very agressive only fish i have are two percula clowns and a flamehawk .

jarock, Sep 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. jarock

OhNoNemo i love triggers

What kind of corals do you have...my angel(Koran) just munched a colt coral ,some xenia ,and has been bothering my hammer .....i have shrooms and rics which he doesn't even look at...its a roll of the dice with angels ,and i believe its worth it...i love my angel..( the big jerk that he is:D)

OhNoNemo, Sep 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. jarock

Bifferwine I am a girl

They are not aggressive, but they are not reef safe. It will eat corals. If you want the fish more than you want corals, then go for it -- they are really beautiful.

Bifferwine, Sep 17, 2010
  4. jarock

Melosu58

Liveaquaria says "On occasion, this fish may nip at SPS and some species of polyp corals in the reef aquarium."

Melosu58, Sep 18, 2010
  5. jarock

jarock

hmmm all i have is mushrooms and leathers but i have a few rares that if he touched i would not be happy wonder if its worth the risk .

jarock, Sep 18, 2010
  6. jarock

Dantitan

IMO, they are a very beautiful fish. Having said that, there are plenty of other beautiful fish that you could get that would allow for you to keep the corals that you want. I had this same debate with myself, then decided that having the corals that I want is more important. Just my :twocents:

Dantitan, Sep 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question