Flameback Angel ?

jarock

Reefing newb
I was wondering if anyone has had one and what there thoughts are on them a local guy i know is selling one and its pretty sweet. Also is it reef safe and are they very agressive only fish i have are two percula clowns and a flamehawk .

What kind of corals do you have...my angel(Koran) just munched a colt coral ,some xenia ,and has been bothering my hammer .....i have shrooms and rics which he doesn't even look at...its a roll of the dice with angels ,and i believe its worth it...i love my angel..( the big jerk that he is:D)

They are not aggressive, but they are not reef safe. It will eat corals. If you want the fish more than you want corals, then go for it -- they are really beautiful.

hmmm all i have is mushrooms and leathers but i have a few rares that if he touched i would not be happy wonder if its worth the risk .

IMO, they are a very beautiful fish. Having said that, there are plenty of other beautiful fish that you could get that would allow for you to keep the corals that you want. I had this same debate with myself, then decided that having the corals that I want is more important. Just my :twocents:

Back