Flamming prawn goby

Dantitan

Reefing newb
I was just wondering if anyone here has kept or is keeping a Flamming Prawn Goby. It's a nano reef fish. Just wanted to have someones opinion on this fish. I think another name for it is the Spike Fin Goby?

From what I've seen at the LFS,they are great little fish.Usually non aggressive and easly accept most foods.

I am wanting to put this fish in my 75g reef, maybe around Jan. or Feb. What little info that I do have on this fish, says that they are a great fish and non-aggressive. But I also read that they need lots of pods to eat like the mandarin. It also worrys me a litte that the full size of the fish is just 1" or less. It would be great, though, if it would accept most foods.

I'm really wanting one of these little guys! For the longest while i had a yasha goby in with my pistol shrimp but he's managed to dissapear =( i was hoping to pick one of these up but i haven't seen them anywhere.

They must still be somewhat expensive. From what I have read, they were around $200+ range when they first got into the hobby, but then dropped to around $50 as recent as last year. I think that may steer LFS owners away from this fish since a fully grown specimen is only 1" or less. They are a B-E-A-utiful fish though. IMO

Back