flex hose or regular hose???

crazy cajun

Reefing newb
the flex hose seems very loud, does anyone use the regular clear hose ? does it quiet it down the overflow drain without all the ribs in it like the flex hose does? i dont have much of a bend so i think i can use the clear hose

Attachments

• clear hose.jpg
    clear hose.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,163
  • flex hose.jpg
    flex hose.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 893
I use flexible pvc, solid pvc or the braided tubing like in your first pic.
You don't want to use the one with the ridges... noisy and potential to collect stuff.
The clear braided also has the tendency to get full of algae because of light transmission so keep that in mind.

I've found the vinyl tubing to be pretty hard to work with, and it's so much more expensive than PVC. I use solid PVC all the way. Cheap, forgiving, and easy to use.

is flexible pvc found at the local Home depot?? im not sure i ever saw flexible pvc.
i only have about a 2'-6" section to replace so either way wont be expensive.

I use the clear braded tubing and it's quiet. The only disadvantage is it's hard to work with becaue it's very stiff. I had to soak mine sections in a tub of hot water for about 10 minutes to get them flexable. Once you have them flexible it's a lot easier and they will somewhat stay in the position you put them in. I think ideally PVC is the best option.

ok, i got the braded 1 1/4 hose from lowes it was $3.59ft i only needed 2'-0", and i heated it over my stove turning it rapidly to get it warm enough to be somewhat flexible. its in place and is much quieter than that crapy flex hose now it does not sound like a toilet flushing all day. LOL
Thanks everyone !!!

Back