float switch mounting

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
I just got all the pieces i need to make my ATO, but i dont know how to mount the float switch to stay in place. Im using a 5gal bucket for the RO water... I was thinking about just letting it dangle in the sump by the wires at the right level and tape/glue/silicone it to the edge... but that doesnty seem like a very good plan. Anyone got any ideas/pictures of how i could mount a float switch to a 10gal sump??

so after i got my float switch wired up it turns out it only works like 15% of the time... and i really dont wanna trust that switch to run a pump that might flood my house, anyone have any better float switched i could look at??

i got this one off ebay for like 2 dollars or 3.

I installed the unit in my sump on the link in my last post. I first thought about doing a ATO myself, but I'm sure I would have screwed it up somehow!

oh you got that exact unit.. i see, yeah i might go with something like that too, after looking how much the nicer float switches are, i would only be spending like 10 more bucks and that come with a nice bracket, thanks for the link!

Back