Floating ads?

ccCapt

Reef Hacker
What's up with the ads that float over the screen now? Having 1 up in the title area was OK, but now ads everywhere?

Not a good idea, IMO. Good way to lose members and stop new 1's from joining.

Same here.
I'll never leave the site as long as I have internet,but its a pain in the butt when the ads float around the center of the page.

I get them at the top header. Never in the center of the site. The adds help pay for the site I think. Not sure though.

I get at least 3 or 4 day from that one survey site.Right through the center of the screen..
I'm like Capt.I dont mind them at the top,but not right in the middle of a post I'm trying to read.

I don't get any. It may be that I run it on Safari or that I just have a pop-up blocker on.

I just noticed on the home page there is a memo about becoming a supporter for $20 and you won't have any ads appear. I wonder if that is the new deal. I can't blame the admins and other people behind the scenes making some money. I would just recommend that Biff got a cut of that revenue.

Last edited:
i havent had any adds either in a while, and alto your browser has nothing to do with whether or not you see ads, and pop up blockers dont block floating ads

Ian will be reading this thread soon. He has said before that any floating ads obstructing views of the page are a mistake, and are not supposed to be there.

There really shouldn't be any floating ads on the site - if you are getting them it would be a massive help if you could send me a screenshot of it. As this is the 2nd time it's happened I might have to ditch the ad company doing this.

Also, if you have the URL of the link that is causing this and let me know I can do some more investigating.

I hate popup ads and don't want to have them on the site, as it's just going to turn people away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use ad block plus and it works great at blocking all ads

to take a screenshot use the Prt Scrn in the top right area of the keyboard

Back