Floating ads?

i havent gotten an ad in a while ian, but if i do get one its usually a banner

As you're a subscriber the banners shouldn't be visible anymore, I've just re-checked and have found 1 bit of ad code that might have got through so that's now removed for subscribers - thanks for the heads up :)

I think he means supporter?

Yep, that's what I meant :) Although I just based this on your user title, but see you aren't signed up - sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick (but it still helped me spot a problem!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this 1 today. The ad covered parts of both pics.

livingreefs-ad_12-15-08.jpg

Thanks ccCapt - that looks like a Google Ad which should never ever ever appear for users when logged in... so I'm really confused :confused: Even if it does appear, it shouldn't cover any images/text.

Did the ad move around and follow the browser window when you scroll?

If anyone gets this happening, could you try viewing the page source (by right clicking on the page) and copy/paste it into a PM to me? This would be such a huge help as it means I can see the exact code causing this problem.

If that ad comes from the advertising network I use I'll drop them straight away. The location and type of that ad has me so confused. Does it happen on any other websites, as it could be that there is some spyware on your PC causing this to happen (although it's unlikely).

Thanks for taking the screenshot as this is really helping me track down the problem.

Did the ad move around and follow the browser window when you scroll?
Nope. It stayed right were you see it.
Does it happen on any other websites, as it could be that there is some spyware on your PC causing this to happen (although it's unlikely).
That ad was imbedded on this site. It has nothing to do with spyware. I am a member of quite a few reef forums and this is the only site I get ads on.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I was logged in.
The 1st time I saw an ad, besides the 1 at the top, was when I started this thread. That was a floating ad that stayed in the middle of the screen even when scrolling. This was the 2nd time, but this 1 was "stuck" between the 2 pics.

Thanks ccCapt :) This will give me more info to talk to the ad company about so I can see what is up.

Non logged in users see different ads to members, but there should never be popups so I'll have a word and see what is wrong. If they can't fix it I'll have to go with someone else. The plan is to get a sponsor to buy the top advertising space anyway, which would be more more relevant to the site :)

Ian,Just a suggestion.But why not have a sponsers page?That way their sites are still advertised and we'll have easier access to them? Just a thought.

Back