Flourescent

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
So I looked at what my friend uses for lighting

He has one tank with a halide and the other he has the flourescent bulbs that are coils he has like 2 white one and 2 blue ones all with seperate fixtures

The blues are 13 W and the white are 23 I believe

Is this a good idea?

Thanks

ive seen fixture like that on my LFS for their big tanks..they keep zoas shrooms and some leathers under those fixtures..

In another post I said you can try the screw in floresants from walmart. I think its 25 watts and puts out the light of a 75 watt bulb. They do work if you buy the right bulb. The one at walmart is called daylight because it gives the same spectrum I think of midday daylight. I am using one right now for my macro and it works great, and it gives off the right light for corals. The one I bought came in a case of two for about 7 bucks.

In another post I said you can try the screw in floresants from walmart. I think its 25 watts and puts out the light of a 75 watt bulb. They do work if you buy the right bulb. The one at walmart is called daylight because it gives the same spectrum I think of midday daylight. I am using one right now for my macro and it works great, and it gives off the right light for corals. The one I bought came in a case of two for about 7 bucks.

are there lamps that I could get though that dont take up much space and such and would work at well at a T-5 set-up

The lamp only take up about a 6 inch diameter, but I bought the hosing from a pet shop sold as a lizard heat light, but the ones you will see at walmart are big, so you will just have to shop around.

Back