Fluval Edge - LR Tank

saiabiss

Reefing newb
One of our LFS's has a LR set-up using a Fluval Edge ([ame]http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-12-Gallon-Aquarium-42-LED-Light/dp/B005X88XIK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1361659396&sr=8-8&keywords=fish+tanks+fluval+edge[/ame]) tank (I think theirs is a 20 gal) and no specialized filtration/circulation equipment. The gal I spoke with said they have no issues maintaining the aquarium and the LED light the tank comes with is fine for the invertebrate & fish inhabitants. Has anyone ever done a set-up like this?

I remember reading someones post about the smaller fluval edge (5 gallon or so I think) and the salt creep basically destroyed the wires and want not inside for the light and want not.

Do you know how long they had it set up for? The ones I have seen were modified with better lights for corals and you can buy tiny powerheads for circulation. What is included will probably be enough for fish and shrimp, but corals will need a little extra.

I would use the search option for this site and look up the fluval edge and see what others have done with theirs. Best of luck those tanks are pretty.

It's one of the worst designed tanks ever for saltwater. Trust me.
I'm about to tear mine down, and this is using a custom led light after the saltwater destroyed any kind of bulbs I tried using in the original light arm.
Plus that small opening is awful for light spread.

Instead, get something like the CAD Lights Pico 4g or 8g.

Back