Fluval M200 Heaters

delucs414

Reefing newb
So this is my story,

i used to have the stealth heater, but i got the recall notice and brought it back and picked up a Fluval M200 heater for free. It looked like a good, durable heater. today after i got home from school, went to do my daily check of the tank. i noticed on my RKL the temp was at 71.6 F. my jaw dropped, i immediately went to my sump and looked at the heater. i saw what i thought was the blue light the heater displays when its heating up so i looked at my temp probe....nothing. so i went back to the heater and picked it up outta the sump and noticed the bottom had shattered. i unplugged it and instantly went to the store and got a new jager heater, i heard good things about the jager heater but the aqueon pro heater thats fully submersible and "Shatterproof and nearly indestructible" caught my eye as well but i thought i would research it abit, (if ne knows anything about these aqueon heaters let me know what u think.) a side from that i got the fluval heater Feb 22, and it died today, it only last a month and a day. so with my experience i would have to say not very good product. i also am gonna by another heater for a back up incase this situation every happens again.

That sucks. I was part of that marineland heater recall. Ironically, my marineland heater has been working perfectly. I ended up buying 2 250w Via Aqua...so far so good. But I have not returned my marinelands. I should do that soon.

I got my refund for my marineland and moved my all glass heater from my fresh tank to my salt a couple months ago. I have had it for about a year and no problems at all.
The marineland heater sucked I could never get it to maintain a temp it was way up or way low.

yea i never had a problem with my marineland heater, even had it at 78.5 constantly. it was a good heater but didnt want to risk the chance of it blowing up so i brought it back.

does anyone no anything about the aqueon pro heaters? are they reliable?

on another note tho, my urchin died. i assume it was from the high temp swing, cuz couple days ago he looked amazing and would be all over the tank. yesterday i saw him, he lost most of his spines and today he was white as can be and no spines left:( ill miss the little guy

Back