Food/Skimmer

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by RedTornado, Dec 31, 2010.

1. RedTornado

RedTornado

When ever I put food into my tank it seems within seconds my skimmer pretty much dies. The skimmer dose start to work again but it takes roughly 4 hours for it to get back to where it was. Witch sucks cause the water doesn't look nearly as clean for those 4 hours. What I am really wondering is this normal?

The skimmer is a AquaC EV 180 and I am feeding with frozen food.

I am thinking there is some oil on the food and that is killing the foam. I have read that this is what happens when you put your hand into the tank since there are oils on your skin. So in concept it would be the same I would think.

Thanks! again...

RedTornado, Dec 31, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. RedTornado

Bifferwine I am a girl

That is really common for a lot of skimmers. Does it overflow or flood during that time? I hope not.

Bifferwine, Jan 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. RedTornado

RedTornado

Nope not at all. It runs just as it should. There is just no foam production in the tower.

RedTornado, Jan 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question