Food Soaks & CBB

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
I finally got my CBB to start eating about a week ago and its eating 3x a day, mostly it chooses blood worms but will occasionally grab a piece of shrimp - not sure if its grabbing mysis or brine as I'm adding both (it initially rejected mysis, marine cuisine, and Rod's food entirely and only started eating once I added brine and blood worms to the mix). I've been soaking the food in Vita-Chem, AngeLixer, and garlic at every feeding, but the CBB isn't fattening up at all - if anything its looking a little skinnier to me (it did not arrive with a pinched belly, and came from Diver's Den). Even though I'm feeding it 3x per day and its eating during every feeding, my other fish gobble up the food so fast that its only getting about 6-8 blood worms and a few pieces of shrimp at each feeding. I do plan to deworm everyone just in case it has any internal parasites. But I'm also wondering how well the food soaks actually work to increase the nutritional value of blood worms and brine? It seems to me like I see a lot of particles floating in the water after using the vita-chem and I'm just not sure that its actually doing anything other than coating the food and then floating off as soon as I put it in the tank. Any suggestions?

Back