for ich which would be better

Neither one is reef safe.Even if the label says reef safe,dont use it in your display tank.It will more than likely kill all the little micro bugs and stuff causing your tank to crash.

Yeah I spent like 10$ on some reef safe stuff that supposedly contained no copper when my blue tang had ick when I first got it. I never had the balls to try it, It now sits in my closet unopened... I wouldnt risk it though in a display tank. Just feed garlic and or selcon and hope the infected fish gets better. It stressful on a fish getting caught and put in another tank a lot of times, even worse for it than the initial disease... At least that was my issue with the blue tang when I got it. (who pulled through it and has been great for months now)

I agree with hotimportknight. a good diet with some garlic and lower stress levels (which means no netting the fish to shove into a small quarentine tank) is the best cure for ich.

No treatment for ich is 100% reef safe, even if the label says so. I don't think I know of anyone that has medicated their tanks with something and had everything live through it. If you must medicate, do so in a quarantine tank. Never in the display.

Back