formia starfish?????

freshreef

Reefer Addict
hay guys i was at my lfs and saw this cool star and the owner said it was reef safe and only eats left over food ect. he is pritty good with advice as he is the owner of a salt water only store and is realy cool but i was wondering if any one ever had any info on this star?:question:? i will post pics when he is in the tank
thanks!

I had one.
They are very cool looking but don't expect him to last long.
No one knows what they eat so their survival rate is really low.
Mine made it for a few weeks and then I got a flatworm infestation. See the pic! Treatment for that finally finished off my star and he started to disintegrate.

RIP little Fromia. :(

455066147_gRhUp-L.jpg

I bought mine 2 weeks ago now and as Dennis says, by all accounts very difficult to care for as no one really knows what apart from Microorganisms it feeds on. Mine is still quite active so he must be getting some nutrition from somewhere. My LFS said that in their opinion if you had plenty of LR you stood a pretty good chance of keeping them, who knows only time will tell! Good luck freshreef :D

i have an orange fromia and its been in my 20 gallon tank for 2 months and now resides in my new 65 gallon and does great. i have heard stories of people trying to get them out after they die and it just falling into millions of peices. be carefull and have lots of live rock for it to climb on and eat things.

I had one for about a year. They are really cool but i hardly ever saw it while i was awake. I heard they also ate film algae and detrius. Starfish are my favorite.

Back