Forum Layout

Ian

Reefing newb
I've had a bit of a change of the forum order, to try and group things together a bit better.

If anyone has an idea for forum order, groups or a new forum section please let me know in here :)

Hi Ian,
Looks good... I have a couple of ideas regarding layout / content.
1) I make heavy use of the 'New Posts' section - I log in several times a day and use this to track current conversations. I find it really useful and a great way to stay in touch => my only suggestion would be to make this a little more obvious... not sure how??? maybe create a link in the forum section to 'Latest Posts' or something similar.
2) It might be useful to have a 'Useful Links' section where we could post links to other sites / content that we feel is particularly good. For instance, my local 'Aquarium Society' has an on-going series of very good articles by Lenny Lambi on Water, The Nitrogen Cycle, Alkanlinity, etc posted on their site. Whilst you can find similar information everywhere, I found these articles very well written and easy to understand, despite the fact he begins to cover some of the complex chemistry: GCAS.ORG - Fincinnati Articles
I'll also just take this opportunity to say what a great site this is / group of people. I visit many of the other well know sites like RC to learn more about this complex hobby but, as I said above, I find myself logging into Living Reefs several times a day to keep up with the latest news on Biff's 180 or Doc's big surprise :question: Great stuff.. Thanks :Cheers: - j

BTW
I like the new layout Ian.

My only complaint,and one I've had since I started using this site,it the links to the ReefKeeping magazine wont let no one in there.It says we dont have permission.Is there any way we can fix that?

What is the ReefKeeping magazine part that gives the no permission error? If I know what it is I'll do my best to fix it for you guys :)

hey ian i know this is a saltwater forum but can you make a forum for fresh water maybe.i can see this in a good way and a bad way

Making a freshwater forum on here defeats the entire purpose of the site itself. I vote to keep it saltwater only. If you need freshwater advice, you have to join a freshwater forum.

yeah thats the bad part but the good thing is for people who have FW can ask Qs but i guse thats why we have the off topic forumso forget about the FW forum thing biffs right it would ruin the wole pimping LIVING REEFS thing

Back