Forum upgrade in progess

Ian

Reefing newb
As you may have noticed, the forum upgrade is currently underway. Most things should be functional, but I am working on everything that isn't active or working at the moment. I'll be adding things like Chat back once the core of the site is working :)

Thanks Matt :lol:

Most things should be back to normal now, and by the end of tonight the core of the site should be pretty much fine.

Because the database was offline while I made the changes, I took the opportunity to change my username to just "Ian" - which I've been wanting to do for months but haven't been able to until now. It's still me here though ;)

I'm moving the old posts out of the general reef forum into the new sections - so things like POTM are in the new photography forum. It may take a little while to get used to, but I'm going to speed up the search engine to make it easier to find any old threads while we get used to the new layout :)

I think we need a general "Reef Discussion" topic. Maybe break down the "Tanks" topic and move them into DIY and Reef Discussion? You have some Mods that can help move threads around if necessary.

i like it ian but one question, i noticed you changed the amount of PMs your allowed to have from 1000 to just 100, is that a permanent fix?

Ian, I love the way it looks on the computer the upgrade looks wonderful! however on a pda it looks worse than it did before. Do you have access to a blackberry to check this out? on a pda its usually not time effective to view it in regular page format but like for example a blackberry device has a "column view" mode. when in this mode the avatar seems really off centered, there is some ghosted outline of a box with nothing in it an there requires side to side scrolling to read a entire post where as before it all fit to screen. I know im not the only one that spends TONS of time on the site on my phone. Just wondering if there are any ways to make this look better. I think I can install some sw to get a screenshot of my BB just for example. Ill post it if i can. thanks Ian! :beerchug:

Back