Foster my corals!

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
Hi guys,
As some of you know, I'm getting deployed in September - which means, in about four months, that I will be shutting down my tank. Biff & a few others mentioned the possibility of loaning out my corals instead of outright selling them. If anyone here is interested, I think it would be a win-win situation.

Here's the deal:
I overnight ship you the corals you'd like to foster, and you get to keep them for the year I'm gone, plus the time it takes me to set up my new tank - probably about 1.5 years. You get to frag the corals as much as you want during this time, and all I ask for in return is a frag back - you can even keep the main colony! I love watching corals grow, so I don't mind getting back less than I sent out. The goal is basically just to be able to reseed my new tank.

I'd prefer to ship out multiple corals in one shipment to save money, and to fairly active members who have stable tanks.

I'm going to post some pics of my corals shortly. If you're interested, please reply! I'll probably frag some of them more so I can split them among homes if possible!

Alex

2 frogspawn
2 green tipped leathers
2 green montipora
2 pulsing xenia
bright red-orange monti
candy apple green zoas
3 blue hornet (I think) colonies
Large eagle eye colony
Tubbs blue zoas
3 evil eye zoa colonies
2 orange/green zoa colonies
a few neon green zoa colonies
2 purple zoa colonies
2 tropic punch zoa colonies
Multiple ultra-green paly colonies
1 purple chalice
1 smashmouth micromusa colony
cherry red chalice
2 red-purple zoa colonies
1 grapes of wrath favia colony
1 red-blue acan colony
1 ricordia
2 colonies of neon green shrooms
multiple colonies of green, brown, and silver star polyp
1 large duncan colony (may try to frag)
1 neon red shroom colony
4 neon green tyree toadstools
1 cream colored toadstool

Believe me, just the kind act of watching the corals would be overwhelmingly kind - if they happen to die, they die! The risk definitely beats selling them for cents on the dollar.

Going to slowly be adding pics over a few days..again, if there's something you're interested in, lemme know!

Grapes of Wrath Favia
2010-03-14160450.jpg

Green monti
2010-03-14160502.jpg

Cherry chalice, green hornets (maybe?), evil eye zoas (darker red in halfway up)
2010-03-13105916.jpg

Tropic Punch (?)
2010-03-05105106-Copy.jpg

Smashmouth
2010-03-05105131-Copy.jpg

candy apple zoas
2010-03-05105056-Copy.jpg

red-blue acans
2010-03-05105136-Copy.jpg

I'd be interested in zoas/palys, acans, micros, duncans, favias, chalices, basically any LPS. No SPS for me, please. I cannot be responsible for anyone's SPS ;)

I promise, no more kalk overdoses :shock:.

I'll even pitch in for some of the shipping.

Alright Biff, I'll count you in for those. When I get home next week I'm going to start a spreadsheet to help me keep track. None of my sps are particularly valuable, so if they perish, oh well. I'm def more of a LPS fan, I've grown to love them!

If you see any particular things you'd definitely like, Biff, lemme know and I'll mark you down for that exact one.

EDIT: There are more pics on my tank showcase.

I def. like the acans, zoas and duncans :D

I'll seriously take as many as you need homes for -- I have space in my tank. I think you're doing an awesome, generous thing. It's a win-win situation for all involved, and I honestly see no problem even asking the recipients to pay for shipping -- they are basically getting free frags out of it. And when you get back, you get to have all your original corals back, and have the same tank you had when you left.

I'll take some of these zoa's before Biff gets every one...lol

candy apple green zoas
3 blue hornet (I think) colonies
Large eagle eye colony
Tubbs blue zoas
3 evil eye zoa colonies

I don't know what you consider a colony, but for example if you give me 10 polyps of each, when your back I'll return 20 of each.

Guys, your willingness to help me out here is really awesome, I'm so grateful! Going to make it a lot easier when I return to set up my new tank.

Larry, my colonies range from 5-20+ polyps. I'll probably be shutting the tank down late August/Early September (will know more when we get more details on the deployment).

I insist on paying at least shipment to you guys as a very heartfelt thank you!

Once a get a good list together of what goes to who, I'm going to send a little monthly update on how your sponsored corals are doing prior to leaving! Something fun to do, I think! And def expect some extra bonus corals - I've got tons of random zoas to spread around.

Haha. Are you going to send adoption certificates with them as well? "For only six cents a day, you can send this zoanthid polyp to school, and make sure he gets three round meals a day!"

It can get quite pricey for you to be paying all that overnight shipping. I'd also be more than happy to pay for shipping and return shipping back to you.

Chute,

I would be honored to hold some corals for a soldier. If you'd lke to foster some to me, I have plenty of room in my tank. I would be comfortable with the frogspawn and zoas palys...I've got a 90g tank with about 30g worth of stuff in it right now. Xenia, Frogspawn, palys and zoas all do well in my tank.

So I've got plenty of room. I'll pay for the shipping.

If you're not comfortable giving them out to a person who's still learning, don't sweat it.

Last edited:
Thanks hiker!
PRC, I'll def add you to the list. Only one way to learn, right? The xenia I've got are pretty nice, they are cream colored and seem to be a bit hardier than the average xenia.
Thanks again

Back