Fosters and Smith frag swap

hotimportknight

New! Big Tank Club!
I'm too excited, I must talk about it with someone! I was up there the other day and asked about it a little and got a run down. They get rid of all the dog food and stuff in the store and line the walls with tanks and fill them with overstock stuff (I think corals and fish), they have a pole barn for traders for 2 days, they have speakers and book signings, prizes galore! I run into people around town here that say they won 150gallon tanks and full setup's there... Right now you can registers and buy tickets for 5$ off on liveaquaria for the next 2 days only. Here is more info of whats going on: Frag Swap: Annual Coral Conference & Frag Swap
It should be a BLAST, me and a few friends are getting a hotel room at the holiday inn I believe it is for the full duration (june 20,21,22) Probably taking a tank up there and setting it up in the hotel room... They also give you a 10% discount coupon for fosters and smith, which I'm going to buy my new big tank club entry and lights and stand, etc... If anyone else is planning on going I want to hear about it! Lets get excited together and party it up in the hotel every night!

Where in Illinois do you live? If you live anywhere in northern IL it would be worth it I'm sure. Come up and get a hotel room saturday night and go to the swap and stuff saturday, and win the prizes sunday. The grand prize is like... 3 grand + all the other stuff for that tank if you wanted to buy it. I'd be happy even with any of that stuff they are giving away. I know there are some sellers coming from northern illinois, ran into a bunch at the madison area frag swap. Should be a blast though, at least anyone whos interested will have plenty of time to try to get off of work in the next 4 months...

I'm in northern Illinois yes, but idk if I wanna get a room, I will be going to the Rockford frag swap though, going to be some big names there

ah yeah I guess it would still be a long ass drive. I go down to Chicago shopping once in a while and its a solid 5 hours from central Wisconsin. Then add on another 1:45 to get from central to northern Wisconsin. Oh well, anyone else thinking about going?

I live just south of chicago and just bought tickets for this thing the other day. Gonna leave friday after work check in to the hotel and get going on saturday and sunday. Gonna be a good time.

Brian

sweet, glad to hear at least someone from living reefs is coming. Should be a great time, we'll have to meet up and drink after the swap at night. Are you staying at the holiday inn?

yeah staying at the holiday inn with my wife. not going to the dinner though, just gonna find a resturaunt around there to eat at.

Probably not going to be able to get to the one in rockford though, too close to the other one. Maybe next year.

Brian

I won a vip pass for the whole weekend but I will only go for one day. If someone is going all weekend let me know you can get my pass. It lets you into everything.

I have thought about going, but not sure yet. I live right across the way in michigan. I think it would be awesome to tour the facility and check out the vendors.

You should come, I really wanna meet some ppl from the forums and put some faces with the screen names. It is really close to the UP of michigan. Should be a blast.

You never know... You could fly in from jersey. They did for the last packer game I was at. (F*%K) On the ticket site for the swap they have directions from the closest airport! So I'm assuming its going to be a seriously cool event.

Back