found a bright yellow nudibranch near coral

d.french

Reef enthusiast
i'll try to get a pic of it, was found by my dying yellow fiji leather. I'll get a pic so someone can tell me if bad.

If its bright yellow,then its bad news for leathers.
We had trouble with several leather at the LFS dying or about to die.We found severl bright yellow nudis on them.

i caught it and got pics will post in a minute, i have read that nudibranches can take on color from which coral it is eating.

Yep,I saw it with my zoos.Orange ones eating the orange zoos,green nudis eating the green zoos.I didn't even know there was a nudibranch that fed on leathers.I wonder if it would be a good investment to pick up a Sixline?

If the leather is dying and the nubi is same color then you can assume the nubi was eating the leather. look very close to see if anymore are there, and if not maybe your leather will recover. good luck.

IM001052.JPG

IM001046.JPG

IM001045.JPG

thats what wife said, too bad i loved that fiji leather always wanted one so hopefully it comes back. My favorite corals are leather, shrooms, and zoos.

it looks very beautifull..but i think its a better idea to flush it..to be shure..to many awsome corals you have there...also nudis can get stuck in filters and powerheads..messy!!

Back