found good tank cleaners for those with algae or cyano problems (sailfin mollies)

d.french

Reef enthusiast
in local club through rc alot of other reefers and myself have acclimated mollies or sailfin mollies into saltwater aquarium and i have 1 male sailfin and 3 females and all slime algae from not using ro water is gone they picked tank clean hopefully they will start having babies soon so i have free live food for anenomes. Thought i would share this idea in case any others would like to try this they really clean tank up real good unless they get to close to anenome. I acclimated mine 16 hours and they are all alive still. But i am now making my own ro/di water so algae problem and phosphate problem fixed .

Thanks for sharing.

I recently added a tail spot blenny and have to say for a tiny little fish this guy has to be one of the best algea cleaners i've seen and doesn't cause any other problems like some of the bigger blennies.

its not a fix for algae problems, but it was something to try, it was a topic going on in rc website so a few of us trying it out since mollies have babies alot hopefully thats more free food i know green bubble tip anenome sure will like them. But the mollies have been picking glass and filter tubes skimmer tubes over flow box on remora looks real good hoping they start on rock soon.

Back