Found this last night

So I was looking in the tank at like 1:30 this morning and found this. WTF?
IMG_2083.jpg
IMG_2079.jpg
Also found this guy finally come all the way out of my sponge. When I first saw him I only saw the tip of a leg, that was weeks ago.
IMG_2080.jpg

When I first saw it I thought it was a nudi as well. But I couldn't find anything that looked like him. I am positive now it is a Stomatella, as I found some that ;ook exactly like this one. The star I was never worried about. I first noticed just the tip of one leg weeks ago, thought it was bristle worm at first. But each night it got longer, and then started multiplying. Last night was just the first night I was able to see the entire animal come out of that sponge.

I tried and tried to find the post but me an biff figured out what they were. I have three of these. I cant remember what they are specifically but I do know we discovered they are algae grazers. They do like to hang out in the dark but lately mine have started coming out in the day. You want a real laugh touch one on the hind end... they dont slime along like slugs they frickin walk/jog its the funniest thing evar!!!

Back