Foxface and Blue Tang

andysgirl8800

Blenny Badlands
I am "inheriting" a foxface rabbitfish tonight and have been trying to read up on them. Should I worry about the interaction between it and my resident blue tang? I've read some conflicting info about whether or not tangs and foxfaces get along. Does anyone else have a tang paired with a foxface?

I have kept both a Foxface and Blur Tang in a 175 gallon tank without any problems. They do both like to eat lots of algae, nori, lettuce etc.

I am "inheriting" a foxface rabbitfish tonight and have been trying to read up on them. Should I worry about the interaction between it and my resident blue tang? I've read some conflicting info about whether or not tangs and foxfaces get along. Does anyone else have a tang paired with a foxface?

You should be fine. Your blue might be a bit territorial, just turn off your lights before adding the foxface this will help with any aggression that might happen.

I have kept foxface, rabbits and tangs together with no issues. I have a foxface lo and blue tang in my 180. I also have foxface magnificent, and several blues in my 850.

Even if my blue tang is a bit of a bully? I'm worried the tang may try to strut her stuff and end up on the wrong side of this foxface's spines? Just don't want to have to flush an $80 fish. Thanks.

The foxface won't hurt the blue tang, as far as its toxicity. I have witnessed several times fish getting stuck by foxface and no issues. You be careful not to get stuck, I have also witnessed people getting stuck and that does usually cause issues.

Your blue tang will most likely pick on the foxface when you first put him in there, thats why I suggest you turn off your lights, that way your blue tang goes to bed and won't realize the foxface is in the tank until morning.

our tang is a pacific blue and has been quiet the bully to all of the fish. We tried getting a large foxface to reduce the intimidation. any thoughts on if that will work?

They should be fine together, there will always be aggression at first, but they will grow to like each other...

The foxface will probably be able to hold his own against the blue tang pretty good.One time of getting stung and the tang will most likely leave the FF alone.
But as Winy said,if you get stung,your gonna dang sure know it.

yikes! didn't think there would be this much agression. my tang keeps trying to slap the foxface with her tail (probably incorporating her tail barb while she's at it) and the foxface keeps flipping horizontal with his dorsal spines up and out. the tang doesn't seem phased by the foxface's response.

Update:
:fechten2:________________________________________ :grumble:|....|:grumble:
After about a week of hostile activities and constant weapon deployment, there seems to have been an uneasy cease-fire in effect. Both opponents have established a base camp of operations with regular border patrols. Occasional squabbles ensue, but are brief, with no casualties to report. UN negotiators have been on scene to draft a tentative peace treaty and to provide support. Peace may eventually be established, but friendship would be a long stretch of the imagination, based on latest observations.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM_46bhHPIo"]YouTube - Blue Tang and Foxface Peace Treaty[/ame]

Baby steps, baby steps. Be sure to let us know if either side requests back-up troops. The Tank of Bifflandia would be happy to take your requests into consideration, and would discuss it and hold a vote for all its fishizens on whether or not intervention is in Bifflandia's best interests.

Funny Bifferwine! I'll let you know if additional mediators are needed to resolve the current conflict. Hopefully the cease-fire will last.

Back