Foxface Rabbitfish

Tetra1

Reefing newb
I got my new tank today and was wondering if anyone can tell me how long it will take for a fish to grow back it's damaged tail. I also have a tang recovering from fin issues as well. I do not know how these things happened as I just acquired these guys because they came from the person I bought the tank from. If you have any insight on this please let me know. Oh and don't be alarmed the tang looks healthy and great!

:question:

I guess it depends on what caused the damage. Was it fin rot or another fish chewing on it. Foxface dorsal fins are poisonous and can be potentially lethal to other fish so I doubt a fish just chewed up it's tail fin and didn't get stuck with dorsal spines...So if it's fin rot, I don't know how long or how to help it.

A week ago I bought a coral beauty and his tail was split down the middle. Two days later you couldn't tell that his tail was damaged, it had grown together again.

No idea how long it normally takes, but the only other fish I had with fin damage was a male beta fish. All his fins were damaged from neglect, but in about two weeks he looked like an entirely different fish. Just keep them in healthy conditions and they'll grow right back, unless it's an infection or disease of some sort. Keep a close eye on them.

Back