Foxface still not regained regular color

For those with foxfaces, anyone have one take a really long time to get back to all yellow color after adding it to your tank? I am trying not to worry, but it's been 2 months since I put him in my tank. For regulars on this site, you may remember I lost my first foxface after four months for no apparent reason so its hard not to worry. This is a pic I got with his spines up, which he does only sometimes, but he has this color all the time except when he hides in full camo colors. He paces the glass frequently but does spend a lot of time looking normal, picking algae off rocks. He seems to get stressed at feeding time, too much commotion for him, but he does eat okay and doesn't look skinny.

Jan2013021_zpse215e1b2.jpg

He looks fine and healthy to me, they'll keep that color when they feel uncomfortable or threatened. Mine was skittish in my tank for almost 6 months before it felt comfortable enough to come out when I was near the tank.

Mine, too....he was almost always splotchy and sickly in color, but otherwise healthy and eating. Now he's yellow most of the time.

It's been over a month for me also and mine isn't all yellow. He seems happy as can be, fat and active. I wouldn't worry unless he doesn't eat.

7B66B021-CF81-4CD5-BFA1-CD899C01693D-819-00000136D7E4CC27.jpg

Mine took a few months, 4 IIRC, to yellow up. Mine got a spike or fin injury when he was transfered so I'm sure that kept him aggravated for a while. Still has days when he feels like being dark though!

It’s just funny that he had regular color at the LFS in a smaller tank with no hiding spots, just two racks of corals. And more people looking at him. But I think when I got him he was the only fish in the tank, maybe that’s the difference? He doesn’t seem to be afraid of the other fish at all. He has a sidekick, the royal gramma, who swims next to him a lot and pretends to pick at algae too. The bengaii cardinal sometimes pushes him out of his corner but he doesn’t seem flustered by that.

Back