Frag Glue

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
What kind of glue are you guys using for you frags? I have been using elmer's super gel, but I think it sucks.:grumble:

Any kind of super glue gel will work, and epoxy putty from the hardware store will work too. Neither of them work REALLY well, they both kinda suck.

I like the cheap super glue gel that you can get from walmart. Works really well for me. I tank what ever I'm want to glue out and dry it a bit with a towel then dry the rock you want it on a bit with the towel glue together and blow on it for about 15 to 30 seconds and place back in the tank.

I found something at home depot that was $4 a shot. it was a small bottle of gel that was designed for fish tanks. it starts to harden as soon as it hits water. I take my SPS out of the water for about 5 sec while I goop on a bit and put it back in the water and hold it on the spot to be glued for 30 sec and it is stuck tight. good stuff. When I get back home I will tell you the name

-Doc

I found something at home depot that was $4 a shot. it was a small bottle of gel that was designed for fish tanks. it starts to harden as soon as it hits water. I take my SPS out of the water for about 5 sec while I goop on a bit and put it back in the water and hold it on the spot to be glued for 30 sec and it is stuck tight. good stuff. When I get back home I will tell you the name

-Doc

Please do...

It's all CYANOACRYLATE glue in the end.

Go to any hobby store that sells RC airplanes or RC cars. We call it CA (see aay) glue.

It comes in thin, medium and thick. You can buy a 1oz or 2oz bottle for about $5 or $8. Store it in the refrigerator to extend shelf life. Get the Thick stuff for frags. :Cheers:

Here:
Budget Brand
Tower Hobbies Build-It CA- Thick Glue 2 oz.

Name Brand
Zap Adhesives Slo Zap CA- 2 oz

Accelerator cures most CA glue almost instantly. Hobbyists call it "kicker":
Cyanoacrylate Accelerators

-Doc

Still waiting. Are you there yet?

i also just used krazy glue and it worked well for xenia. this was when i had a freefloating one and had to nail the sucker down to something before he got where i couldnt reach and propogated into a monstrous forest that i couldnt cut down. =p

sorry it took so long. I have been in the car all day and I just got back from california. Thanks for being patient. It is called LOCTITE super glue gel. I got it at home depot and it was $4.79. great stuff. I used it on several corals and the bottle seems to last for a long time. Put the gel on the bottom of the coral OUTSIDE the tank and immediately put it back in the water and onto the rock you want it on. hold it for about 30 seconds and that is it. Done.

-Doc

Back