Frag happy! zoas?

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
Here is a picture of some zoas i dont like in the tank.

newaddition009.jpg

Honestly, these things are incredibly ugly with the mhalides on and only the center glows, i regret buying it. Soooo, i was thinking, how can i get these zoa's off the rock and seed it with another set of zoas ive got with 40 polyps? should i take each one off with tweasers? because the rock is a good one for zoas and fits nice where it is but i want some nice looking ones on.

Ive never fragged zoas so any help is appreciated!

Gotta agree with you Josh,they are kinda ugly:D(i'd take em though:lol:),but can't you just move the rock and hide them and start a new zoa rock...seems like alot of plucking to me...

I had some ugly plain brown zoas like that on a rock too. I took the rock out of the tank and put a wire brush to it. Cleaned it right up and not a single zoas regrew. ;)

If you want to frag a few, usually live rock is pretty soft and you can get a screw driver and chip off some small pieces of rock with the zoas still attached.

Maybe get some more colorful frags and put them on the same rock filling in the gaps? The ugly brown zoas would be more or less a base, it may make the more expensive colorful frags stand out more and you could have that rock covered with small inexpensive frags in no time.

Can you take them to your LFS and trade them for credit or advertise it for sale online? SOMEONE will buy them (you did in the first place!)

Try placing them in a different spot in the tank so your changing the light they get.You never know,might force a color change into something better looking.

Mm, they have been all over my tank actually to see what colors ill get out of them, and yea, no luck. I would just take them for store credit but he wont give them on corals, he has a no return policy, he does give me credit on fish, but never on corals because they are so hard to sell here.

So im thinking ill take a wire brush to it because like i said, the rock is good, and ive got some awesome looking pieces that ill frag onto it and have it in the same spot its sitting right now because that rock fits perefectly there and looks good where it is. Just not in brown XD

And yep, goggles and gloves, i read the fragging story on here... Not really looking for that to happen.

Thanks everyone :)

Back