Frag Swap - 2007

sailfin

What reef tank?
I was wondering if we are going to have a frag swap this summer or not? If so, shouldn't we begin the planning?

Whoooaaaa, Jelly!!! I wouldn't want to step on any president's toes. I would, however, like to be more involved this year. Last year I was building my house and coudn't help as much as I would've liked.

I believe we are waiting to hear from the knoxville group to see if they are going to have the swap this year - So it is a little in the air as to weather the swap will be in chattown or knoxvegas. We should hopefully know something soon.

salt newbie01 said:
I believe we are waiting to hear from the knoxville group to see if they are going to have the swap this year - So it is a little in the air as to weather the swap will be in chattown or knoxvegas. We should hopefully know something soon.

:bowdown: Oh great and mighty Patrick...how did you get to be so wise? :bowdown:

Just kidding man!! I would kind of like for it to be in Knoxtown. It might be a little larger and have more of a selection?

I will go ahead and get this out of the way now... My current obligations at work has greatly affected my amount of free time, so I won't be able to contribute the same amount of as last year.

With that said... i think we should really consider doing a swap with the Knoxville club, in chattanooga. Chattanooga is more centrally located with birmingham, atlanta, nashville, huntsville, knoxville, etc. Just my 2 cents.

Take it or leave it, but if we are going to do this again people are going to have to do what they say they will and on time... no taking 6 months to make a flyer, before finally saying you don't have the time.

ok brandon has said he doesnt want to do anything, so who would like to take his place this year and wine about all the work he has to do but actually do nothing? its ok brandon, we all know you have alot on your plate, we really didnt expect alot from you anyway, so quit crying.
as for the swap, I will do some research and contact knoxville and see what options we have. the nashville swap just got over so there is no big rush. last years was in august and we are along way from august. ill let everyone know what I find out. And as brandon said in his resignation address, oops Im mean his pittiful exuse for a vice presidents speach we had a hard time last year with people helping. alot of people volunteered for stuff but never followed through. So this year will be different if we host it. everyone will do what they say they will do! brandon and I wont be spending 2 months doing everything. ( not to take away any credit, cause we had alot of people step up the day of the swap and want to help) but this year if you offer to help with something and you dont follow through you wont be attending the swap! :shock:

Ill help anyway I can though I will dissappear from time to time depending on what is there especially if I see a baby blue xenia! :grumble:

It's been a while guys! Good to see some talk about this year's swap already.

I'm sure Knoxville (ETRC) would be very interested in helping-out in any way possible. I agree that Chatt. is more centrally located and probably better for a swap. I can bring it up at our meeting this Saturday and we can discuss, or you are welcome to start a thread in or forum on RC. Of course there is no rush, but these things do tend to creep up on us. If we can delegate the "work" between the two clubs, I'm sure it can be a very productive swap.

Matt

Last edited:
Fishboy42 said:
It's been a while guys! Good to see some talk about this year's swap already.

I'm sure Knoxville (ETRC) would be very interested in helping-out in any way possible. I agree that Chatt. is more centrally located and probably better for a swap. I can bring it up at our meeting this Saturday and we can discuss, or you are welcome to start a thread in or forum on RC. Of course there is no rush, but these things do tend to creep up on us. If we can delegate the "work" between the two clubs, I'm sure it can be a very productive swap.

Matt

Well, since Pres. Matt has been slacking and failed to mention this at our meeting, I'll take the initiative... ;) I do think we need to be more involved this year, seeing as I didn't even know it was a joint effort last year... LMK what I can do to help... A few of you guys down there know me... I can almost always be reached on RC... I'm going to post a link on RC to this thread for our folks... Oh, are we thinking the end of summer like last year??? LMK

Randy

Thanks, Randy. I was thinking about the end of summer. I don't know if it needs to be before school starts back or not? Maybe it depends on the location. It would be nice to have it during a little cooler weather. Heat, long car rides and frags don't mix to well. Heck me and heat don't mix to well.

Just post your thoughts.

Ok guys I editted this thread to make it more public friendly as we are dealing with another club. if there are any off topic comments please make them in the private forrums. thanks
AS was said in the private forrums we are planning to try and share some of the responsabilities with knoxville this year, we will plan on a joint meeting in knoxville shortly. and discuss some options.

Thanks for cleaning the thread up Pres.!! :mrgreen:

Good to hear from you Randy! It will be good working (:beerchug: ) with you and the rest of the knoxvegas group. With both clubs working on it - it will be HUGE!!! see you guys soon

When planning your date bear in mind that the 4 state (or whatever they call it) yard sale is the first weekend in August. It was a conflict with me last year but I sweet-talked my landlady into letting me come anyway. I won't be that lucky this year.

Back