Frag Swap Information

Not to be nosey but, were right back where we started for the original frag swap! we have 3 months left. and still no flyer ( in our hands ) and nothing to do till we get one.

We could be getting the email address for the newspapers for the free advertising of our event and working on talking up our club with local LFS.

If we don't have a flyer by Moday May 1, it is my opinion that we should stop kidding ourselves with this notion that we can effectively host a large swap.

I hope no one takes this personally, but someone needs to say it and there is nothing wrong with just enjoying monthly meetings without all the stress this event is causing.

Brandon

I agree angela, but till we have a flyer we don't know whats going on for sure.
we don't have a definite date or any definate info that everyone knows about. the lfs are going to want to see a flyer. if you go in and start talking about a frag swap with nothing tangible for them to see, their not going to care a whole lot. I also agree with brandon, if its gonna be a flop i don't want to be involved #1 and #2 nobodys ever gonna travel any distance to come to another one.
Something else to consider is we are a very small club trying to reach out to new members. other than word of mouth, ( which is not working well ) we have no way to draw new members. look at some of the other cities sites out there and the number of members. it makes me jealous. I would love to see our club grow and get big enough that the local stores want to be involved because they see us as a valuable asset to them. In my opinion things like a frag swap is one of the few opertunities to reach new members in a big way.
this frag swap is a neccesity for the servival of the club. we need to do what it takes to make it work or don't do it at all, and let the club stay the way it is till something else comes up.

I agree that we need to get the word out about our club, and that's how we'll grow. The Aquarium Expo (frag swap) is one way, but we can also brainstorm other ways.

What if we just take the time constraints off ourselves and say we'll do it when we're ready? The flyer takes alot of time to create, and we don't want to rush it.

We all have responsibilities outside of the club that take up our time, and I definately don't need more stress.

Sounds good to me....

I just don't want it to be stressful... I want to enjoy the meetings and everything about the hobby, so lets just keep working on things and if we don't have it till next august thats fine, but lets do it right and have a good time doing it.

Brandon

I dont understand why its so hard to get a flyer, yes it is important but why does it have to be so perfect, I say we just pull daves flyer back up, put a date on it, make a few wording changes and go with it. it just needs to tell people when and where. the flyer is simply to get people there, the important thing for the club is for the people that do come to get the word out that it was a awesome event so others will want to see whats going on in our club. then next years will be that much better cause people know we did a good job.
Anyway, In my opinion if theres no date set there will never be a frag swap, everyone will always be to buisy and it will never happen.
Frag swap or not we need to get a flyer, and buissness card size advertisements to start handing out, we need something to get the club growing.
Is a flyer the only reason we are canceling again, or is everyone wanting to back out of all the individual tasks?

I don't want to cancel, but we just need a flyer of some sort. I can just make one in Microsoft Publisher this weekend.

Might not be as nice, but will work for what we need.

Brandon

Has anyone talked to Timmy? I think he may be out of town, maybe. His MSN says that he is mobile so maybe. He has it done if he would only shoot it to one of us. Hey Tim how bout a free frag for the poster!! LOL! :bounce:

Trust me we dont want Brandons version!! LOL!!! :^:

Guys - I know I haven't been able to make it to any of the meetings, but is there anything I can do? I really enjoy the swaps we have and would hate to not have one this year.

hey dave, tim does have a flyer, I dont know if theres a final draft yet? but hes not responding to the thread, so we need a contingensy plan.
Hey we took a vote at the last meeting dave and you won the job of dressing in a nemo costume and standing out front of bermuda triangle for the next two saturdays. :^:

WOW! THANKS GUYS!!!!

Where's the suit! How early do I need to be out there? 4am? Also how late should I stay? 2am? Thanks alot guys!

Hey everyone gets FREE Corals and Steak from Alexander's for giving me this honor. And since you were the one to break the good news to me Brian, you get my 125g full reef, all the equipment, a pretty nice Volvo, my job, kid, wife, dog, grandmother, and a bag of Lays Potato Chips (Lite).

Thanks again all!!!!

PS. Could I mow all your lawns for the next 17years as well??? How did I ever live without you all.

PSS................................................................................................

Do you think I am an:

IDIOT.jpg

My attempt.... please make any comments you want, trust me my feelings wont get hurt... I'll make any changes you guys want till Sunday, but at that time we need to move foward one way or the other....

Brandon

FragSwapPicture.jpg

that looks great man, my only concern would be that the local fish stores wont like it. everything about it is offering what there selling for free. I think thats why we decided to call it the saltwater aquarium expo, and try not to focus on alot of free stuff. though that is what our target audience wants to see. I dont know, we can try it and see if the locals will let us post it. or use that one for everything but the local pet stores and make a different one just for the stores.
It looks good though and I think it will get people there if the stores let us post it.

hey brandon, this is dave. I think your flyer sucks. I think we should use Bryans idea. it sounds well thought out. and bryan is ussually right about everything anyway!
O ya your tank isnt really all that great either.

Bryan Rules :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Back