Frag Swap Information

Looks good to me. It will do until we get the one from Tim, if we EVER do!! :grumble:

LOL!

In all honesty it looks great. You said you all wanted simple and sweet. It is. :bounce:

There Brandon!! Now give me that frag you promised. Oh and Brian please quit talking to yourself!! :bounce:

We can't get the space at Chattanooga State if we mention "selling". Who want's to shell out $400 bucks for a space?

I was out of town this weekend, but I did touch base with Timothy Thursday, and work is killing him right now. He's going to send me a small logo idea. If anyone else has a tiny logo, email it to me, and I'll get the business cards ordered.

Angela

Last edited:
I don't mind changing it.

If I changed it to:
"Trade Corals"
"Trade Equipment"

Would that work?

Angela if you can would you give me a jingle sometime to day just to touch base with you quick on this....

Thanks
Brandon

So where are we at with the flyer? if we want any responses by the next meeting on the 21st we need a flyer now!

Timothy promised to have it tonight... If not I will make changes to the one posted above to remove "selling" and we will move foward from there.

Brandon

Well the show must go on...

In order to keep things organized and from multiple people all talking to the same people please check with me via email, PM, or phone before speaking with any vendors. I honestly just can't think of a better way than one person being the central contact.

Below is the poster.
Right Click on the picture.
Click Save As.
Save it on your local machine.

You can then email/print it from there.

New List of activities please let me know if you can help with any:
1) Need to verify and confirm the speaker.
2) See if LFS will post this for us.
3) Try and get vendor donations.... Needed for raffle. If they are from local people just hold on to it till the next meeting. If it is from an online vendor please have it shipped to my house so I can keep track of things.
4) Start Posting on RC, TheReefTank, etc, but will wait on the speaker information before doing this.

Let me know if there is anything I have forgotten or needs to be added.

Lets get moving on this. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks
Brandon

FragSwapPictureRevised.jpg

Great let's do it.

One suggestion I just noticed on the flyer was that people need a way to get in touch with you besides PM. Alot of folks dont use the net that much and dont know what a PM is.

I took the liberty of creating an email for the club. It is:

chattanoogareefclub (at) gmail.com

Maybe a phone number contact too???

Last edited:
I say we give out brandons home, office, cell phone numbers. probly should give his address to!
Is there anything out there for companys where you can have a phone number that goes straight to a voicemail. then the officers can take turns answering the messages. That me be to expensive?
As for people that dont use the net, what good is the club gonna do for them? JK! :bounce:

Flyer looks great guys! I do have one small concern/question however. I am afraid if I put one of them up at one of the hospitals I work at, that some people unfamiliar with the hobby won't know what it's about? Like what's a frag? And fragging demonstration? And chattanoogareefers? You figure out what some people can come up with for that! lol What do you guys think? Just seems we should mention "Salt Water Aquarium" on there somewhere for the uninitiated?Just MHO.

Darren

I agree. Maybe change the wording a little to convey the message better. I know I have talked to people that had tanks about frags, and they didnt know what I was talking about.

I'll change "Don't have a tank setup yet" to "Don't have a saltwater aquarium setup yet?", but honestly we are on month 3 for the flyer and at this time anything is better than nothing and we can learn from this years for next years.

The flyer mentions hobby, corals, equipment and will mention "saltwater aquarium".

Its all a trade off more detail then you take the chance of people walking by it and not taking the time to read it.

Brandon

I just feel it nessecary to give you all the trouble i can give you Brandon. I would also like you to do the poster in Spanish, French, and German as well. You could even translate it into Sand Mountain Slang if you dont mind... :^:

Here is a little text for you to go translate :)....

Spanish:
Usted desea que su tanque era tan bueno como el mío.

French:
Vous souhaitez que votre réservoir ait été aussi bon que le mien.

German:
Sie wünschen, daß Ihr Behälter so gut wie meine war.

French Version You Wrote: You wish that your reservoir was as good as mine.

My "reservoir" is!! :bounce:

I feel special though you took all this time to try and make me feel bad...Thanks. :D

Oh and...

German: Beißen Sie Mich Sie Großer Weichling! Wer ist Ihr Vati? Ihr klein 90g ist ein Tropfen im Teich. LOL!

Hiya all! I'm back from Mexico!

I think Brandon's flyer is fine. I agree on adding Saltwater Aquariums somewhere for posting to the general public, but that can come later, as we don't want to put up flyers too soon. I had no idea what a "frag" was until I was a few months into the hobby. All my initial knowledge came from local LFS.

I've left a voicemail for our guest speaker, Thom Demas from the TN Aquarium.

I need to purchase the two-part raffle tickets from our club funds--okay? If anyone has knowledge of where to get those, I'd appreciate a tip.

I will also need to rent a podium with microphone/speaker for our speaker (around $100), unless somebody has one lying around. I'll price shop with the local rental companies. He may need a screen for a slideshow as well, but I won't know that until he calls me back. I hope he has one already.

Angela

I can bring a sound system at no charge from the church. We have several portable ones. Also we have just a basic music stand that many of our teachers here use at church I could bring.

Angela:

We also already have the two part raffle tickets. Micheal bought them for the club.

He got a 5000 count roll for 5$ somewhere.

Brandon

Back