Frag Swap Today

Those are some great looking frags Rc.
Any time I can bring on 5 frags and only spend 70 bucks,I'll be happy as a lap dog with a bowel of gravy.

They look great today. :bounce: Did a 2.5g water change on the 10g frag tank. I've taken the HOB refugium off the 10g tank and used it on the new 29g tank. So I used a Whisper 20 HOB filter and also hooked up my little Rapids mini-canister with carbon. Between those 2 filters and the live rock/live sand in the tank - should be fine for a few more weeks until the new frag system is up and running.

Some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_3312.jpg
    IMG_3312.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3311.jpg
    IMG_3311.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_3310.jpg
    IMG_3310.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_3309.jpg
    IMG_3309.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 216
I love chalice. Have you ever seen one all grown up into a mountain?

I mostly love LPS. Such a sucker for LPS corals.

Naw,hadnt seen many chalice's and the ones I've seen was just small frags.But I like the ones I've seen online.
I like the colors of em,well the chalices's and acans.And since I dont have time to keep up with the demands of SPS and work these shutdowns,then LPS seems more like a natural choice.

This acro looks like it's bleaching

It's about 2" under the water - 6" from the lights. Power compact lights

Attachments

• IMG_3597.jpg
    IMG_3597.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_3598.jpg
    IMG_3598.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 234
If it's just white at the very tip, that could be growth and not bleaching... But like James said, if it spreads more, then it's not good :(

hmmmmmm, my first real SPS frag - so I have no idea.... I'll just watch it.

Can't see an SPS bleaching out under 7.8w per gallon of PC light - you talk to a million people in this hobby and they'll all tell you SPS can't be grown under PC light.

watching and waiting..........

Hows that acro doing RC? Some acros' tips turn white from growth, others turn blue/purple/pink/etc. Does it look like any tissue is lost? Some acros also turn green when the flesh dies, and then white a couple days later.

Back