frag tank idea...

Cheeser

I Love Reefer
im planning to build a frag tank...its gonna be in the same area of the house as my 65 gallon.
the 65 has a 20 gallon sump with lotsa rock. and a fuge for cheato...i also have a pump that goes into a 20 gallon trash can full of live rock and overflows back into sump....i have a reef octopus bh2000 skimmer rated for like 125 gallons and a brs dual reactor. like 80 lbs of rock all together..

what my big question is...
should i sync my frag tanks up to my existing system to add more overall water volume and be able to utilize my skimmer and reactor on both???
or should i set up a seperate sump and skimmer for my frag tank?

if i do sync em up i plan on getting a bigger skimmer eventually and add a few things like a bio pellet reactor and a tank controller and stuff like that. i can also set up a seperate smaller tank just for growing macro in between the 65 dt and the frag tank set up. it would sit on our bar and look pretty cool.
the only reason im weary of syncing them up is cuz ive had a couple cyano and dino outbreaks in the past in my 65 and if it happened again i wouldnt want it to affect my frags...
what do u guys think?

I would make them 2 single systems. Don't want the possibility of one going out of whack and taking the second with it.

Back