Fragging corals?Do alot of people do this?

roberttroy81

Ocean Fanatic
I was researching online about fragging corals and thought to myself i could do this!!!This could save some money down the road.So last night was my first experiment with fragging.Of course i used a Xenia for my first frag as they suggested.Today its looking 10 times better too.

Picture2151.jpg

The only thing is,the video i saw used a mesh to hold the frag in place.Now im thinking how will i get the mesh out after its grown a little?

I think next,if all goes well this time.Ill frag my colt leather in half.

I use a thread(fishing line) and needle for almost all softies.Poke it through the base and tie the string around a rock...works every time.

i dont frag xenia like that. mine split constantly, so i just place a rock right up against the stalk that's splitting. the one that is splitting will eventually latch onto the rock it's leaning against and move up and away from the rest of itself, fragging itself =]

I have found the same thing with my xenia. I just put smaller rocks near the main colony and it covers it. I cut off the new rock and sell it back to the LFS

-Doc

xenia stinks like hell when you cut. it allmost makes me wanna puke. therefore I do like others have mentioned. place a rock next to it, and if neccassary aim a powerhead at it just enough to make it lean toward the rock. it will climb on the new rock in no time. that's about the only way I have found to get rid of it if i'm wanting to thin some out. when I cut it off a rock, it just grows back twice as thick as before.

Back