Fragging Frogspawn

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
Hey guys,
I want to frag my frogspawn..it's been 5 heads since I bought it, and I'd like to try splitting it and moving one piece elsewhere in the aquarium to see if it grows there.

Do I just grab a branch and snap it off?

Did a search and got this thread. I want to frag my froggy but i wouldnt be able to "snap" it. What would be the best way to cut it? Could i just use a kitchen knife that is serrated? Hack saw?

I used wire cutters on my torch once, it worked Ok, but be sure they are clean. I saw a guy use a hack say once as well. Bone cutters would be ideal.

can u send a frag out here of the corial u have there very very little places here to get good live stock if u know what i mean

Dana, you might want to pick up some bone cutters next time you head to your LFS. They make it easy to frag "in tank".

Ill look more into that, thanks! gunna try making a few frags today, should be fun. Gunna stay away from the zoa's coz i have no face shield yet.

Ill look more into that, thanks! gunna try making a few frags today, should be fun. Gunna stay away from the zoa's coz i have no face shield yet.

I frag my zoas all the time. I wear glasses, and keep my mouth closed. I am also real delicate and gentle with cutting and removing them.

I frag my zoas all the time. I wear glasses, and keep my mouth closed. I am also real delicate and gentle with cutting and removing them.
I forgot how dirty it was going to be! shyt got sprayed everywhere! lol....tell u what i did that quick and as painless as possible and my frogspawn is not happy!!!

Now i get to move some LR around in the mantis tank to make room for half this frog spawn. yay =( Hes hungry too ugh. DO i dare retrive the frags the mantis took?

Thats why i did a search first instead of starting a "Brand new" thread

+1 Dana. I thought that's what we're supposed to do instead of flooding this site with multiple threads on the same topic. Who care how old the thread is if the information is still relevant and useful? Anyway, glad you were able to get it fragged.

Back