fragging kenya trees

prthd

Reefing newb
i have some kenya trees popping up and want to move tem, i was wondering whats the proper way to remove them from the current rock.

thanks in advance
dave

Remove the rock to a 5 gallon bucket of saltwater and take a nylon scrubbing brush to them until they are all gone. Remember this advice and thank me later. :lol:

You will also need to boil the rocks after you have scrubbed them.

But if you are asking how to transplant them, just take a razorblade to the stalk and wedge the cut piece wherever you want to put it. It will attach by itself.

I'd prefer a wire brush, but each to their own. Trust me, after a while, you'll have about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kenya trees in your tank, so just get rid of them now.

If you actually want to frag them, just take a razor and cut between two stalks, and attach it to a rock or something with a peice of string or something like that. But really, if you just let them be, you'll have plenty in no time.

If its kenya frags you want,I can get you more than enough the next I have the septic tank pumped.:shock: I'm surprised they hadnt grown up through the field line into the yard yet.

i bought a rock recently w some green mushrooms on it. in the 2 weeks i have had the rock a nice red shroom had flurished as well as the kenya trees, i just want to get them off that rock. theres like 3 trees. my tank is fairly new so id like to move them somewhere else so i have something decent to look at

Cut them with a razor bald rubber band them around a rock they will reattach and grow like weeds promises... I have a tank full of LR and have not checked anything on it since i got it over a month ago, but the Kenya weed is growing there is no heater just SW and a power head, no light nothing....

+1 Dcan. I thought kenya trees were great when I was a noob, because they grew so fast and so easily. Then they quickly overran every rock in my tank, smothering and killing every other coral I tried to keep. I had to boil 600 lbs of live rock on my stove just to get rid of them. They can very easily become a plague.

Back