fragging mushrooms,via....blender??

OhNoNemo

i love triggers
You know how a google search can take you on some wild jouneys,well i found a guy who put mushrooms in a blender then poured them into a tank and voila,he has tiny pea sized shrooms everywhere in about 4 weeks.....I may try this in my QT with a singe shroom....any thoughts?

As long as a part of the mouth is there, a new mushroom will probably grow. I had a mushroom go thru one of my powerheads and had quite a few new ones in a few weeks growing on the sand

I'm going to do it soon because the wife is at work and don't think she'd want me blending shroom:lol:.......the thing is ,i'm not sure if i should liquify it...this guy did,it looked like shroom soup:beer:

Yes, that was some time ago. They are all still there and growing.

I don't know if I would liquify them. Seems like they float around and would end up in the filter. Why not cut some up like a pizza and give it a try!

I like soup better:D ....... just did it,i turned off the PH and filter and will leave it off till tonight,hopefully it settles in between rocks and just hangs out....update in a month, we'll see

Thanks
Seeing as how its one of the only things i can keep in my DT i'm hoping it works,then i'll get some blues and greens going too

Sounds like a job for the magic bullet will you use the whipping blade or the chopping blade maybe they can add it to the infomercial :^:

I've been giving mushrooms away lately to friends. They've been multiplying like crazy taking over the tank and shading the other corals.

I couldn't think of anything worse than encouraging more. That said, it will be nteresting to see how this all pans out.

I've been giving mushrooms away lately to friends. They've been multiplying like crazy taking over the tank and shading the other corals.

I couldn't think of anything worse than encouraging more. That said, it will be nteresting to see how this all pans out.

I'm with you Sammy, my shrooms are spreading like wild fire. I'd love to trade some of them for something else. I like the looks of my blue/purple shrooms, but I don't want them everywhere!!

Yeah ,but when you have an angel and it is all you could probably keep,you want as many as you can get:D...
To update everyone,....well nothing.....i don't see anything going on yet...with that being said,the guy who first did it said it took 4 weeks before he noticed,,so i'll revisit this thread in 2 weeks:Cheers:

Still notice nothing! All i can say is if it doesn't work ,O'well no real loss.....I only have a strip light on my QT so that could be a big reason this is going nowhere:lol:,but it has been done before with success

Back