Free Fish

OceanCrazy

Reefing newb
Hey all, been a while since i last logged. I have a Coral beauty, lawn blenny, 6line wrasse, and a yellow tang, that need a new home, let me know if u want them.

Last edited:
I'm happy to say I got his yellow tang, coral beauty, and lawnmower blenny safely home!

And if anyone wonders how long healthy fish can survive in a bag....well, they were put in separate gallon ziplock bags around 1pm, I sat in traffic and just got home now (almost 4pm!) and they survived! I had them in a large styrofoam cooler. He even threw in some marco rocks :D They're probably dead by now, but I'll stick them in the sump for now.

THANKS OCEAN!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth the drive!

Definitely :D I'm trying to upload pics of them in the sump now.

I was sorely missing my coral beauty and LMB since they passed away a few months ago. They'll be great additions! I think angelajean is supposed to swing by and get the wrasse. Sorry I beat her to the CB LOL...ok, not really sorry, but oh well ;)

Won Ton that's okay. We got the wrasse and the rest of the rock as well as lots of coral. I was mixing water to have on hand anyway so we are going to get another tank tomorrow. My tank is a bit cramped at the moment with the zoos on the huge rock, star polyps, and a couple of others. I can't remember what he told me they were. I just did a nice water change on my 40 a few days ago.

Now my dilemma, I am going to upgrade in the next couple of days to either a 55, 75, or 90. Any opinions of the pros and cons of these. My husband just finished my new LED lighting. We are waiting for an additional power supply to complete the project. We are going to make the 40 into our refuge, just ordered the pump. Next will be upgrading the protein skimmer.

Thanks Ocean Crazy. I got everyone settled in well. There were lots of snails on the rocks. The 6 line and my dottyback have had a couple of altercations, but I think the dotty is annoyed that her space has been crowded. It'll only be a couple of days. We are going to get a bigger tank in next couple of days. trying to decide between 55, 75, and 90. Leaning toward the 75 or 90.

Pros of a 90....its bigger cons...cant think of any....The others are smaller so if all the difference was a choice in the size of tank go with the 90.

I can get a 75 for $140 and a 90 is $205 so that's the main thing. I will be needing to buy some things like RO/DI system and a better protein skimmer as well as finish getting the sump set up so i could use the $ for that. I was trying to decide what the 90 really does for me.

Awesome, Angela! Congrats! I would go for the 90. You get to have more fish. The 75 is borderline for the tangs, so 90 would be best. What's an extra $65 in the grand scheme of things. If you have space, go bigger :D

Ocean really took care of his fish. My new 3 are swimming around and already eating.

Won Ton,
75 gallon is 48x18x21 and the 90 is 48x18x24. Does 3" in heighth make that much difference n what type of fish you can have?

Oh I see what you mean. Really saltwater fish need swimming length. Seahorses benefit from taller tanks of course, but I guess I see your point that the extra 3" doesn't make much impact. But it does add volume :D

I think there is a big difference between a 90 and 75. Go for the 90. BUT, double check the internal dimensions of the stand - I'm not sure that your 40g will fit inside it. I think a standard 90g stand is only 15-16 inches wide inside the cabinet, and I think 40g tanks are 18" wide. Could you get a 120? They are 4x2 feet and then you could use your 40 just fine :)

A 90 gallon and 75 gallon will both require the same lights, so there isn't a cost difference there. I would go with the 90 just because of the extra space. :)

Back