they would be great for anyone just starting their new tank

interested takers can send me a PM

i may try to take them to my local guru shop but i doubt she will take them
if she wont i will ship them to cali, or wherever if someone wants them

or i could buy a trigger?? LOL

i thought about a dwarf lion
but i dont want him eating everything else too

i also hate to think of them as sacrificial

thats why i figured if someone was ready for their first fish they could have them

actually i didnt sell them, i gave them to someone local, i doubt they would have made it through shipping alive...i have no idea how to pack fish (unless its in ice)

oh well...they're only like 3 bucks to buy anyway! did yours school? because that's why I'm really interested in them....and they're suppose to be less aggressive then the other damsels. what was your experience?

they did school, but as they got more comfortable in the tank they tended to stray apart

they were very easy to take care of

and very accomodating to a brand new tank

i fed them a mix of frozen emerald entre, mysis shrimp, and marine cuisine

they went nuts for it, as does everything in my tank

Yeah chromis will happily eat anything. I had 3 chromis in my 55 gallon tank, and added 2 more when I moved to my 240, and they still all school after 2 1/2 years together. Maybe the other fish scare them enough to do so :).

they did school, but as they got more comfortable in the tank they tended to stray apart

they were very easy to take care of

and very accomodating to a brand new tank

i fed them a mix of frozen emerald entre, mysis shrimp, and marine cuisine

they went nuts for it, as does everything in my tank

Should I add them to my new tank first then? or will three of them in there first be "scary" for the other fish that I add slowly to the tank.

we are keeping our 30 gal running until our new tank is established and going to slowly move the fish over.

sidenote: I'm going to get a 6line wrasse today from a guy at the fish store who said he wanted his own to go to a good home that he was bringing one in today from his tank that he was going all invert in.

Biff, if I could hang out with my buddies in a tank that large I would, too.

It doesn't really matter when you add chromis, most people add them in the beginning because they are so hardy. They can usually withstand any water parameter fluctuations that sometimes come along with being the first fish in a new tank. Chromis won't be "scary" to anyone else you have, except maybe certain shy gobies or dragonets. They get along with everybody.

when i got them i bought 4 at 1 shot
the new fish i added never seemed scared of them once they got used to their surroundings

i have also stuck with all omnivours to make feeding easier

Back