Freshwater Dip for Ick treatment

d_scherby08

Reefing newb
I have a fish in my tank that has developed Ick and was just wondering if the freshwater dip is something that works or if it will be too harmful to my fish. The fish is a Niger trigger.

there is only two ways to get rid of ich copper and hypo salinity. but neither can be done in your main tank they need to be done in a qt tank

Ok thanks for the help. I also read that some fish will get rid of the ick on their own as well and just giving them time can be a cure in and of itself? any truth to this or just another myth?

than can get rid of it but it will always be in the tank unless you kill it with copper for the fish and leave the tank fallow for at least 3 weeks

Most likely he's getting ich because a 55 isn't big enough for him, and thereby is causing him stress. I would look into rehoming him.

Many fish recover when left alone, but they still have ich, and will still give it to other fish. It's just dormant. If the fish gets stressed, that's when the ich will come out again. As others have said, your tank is too small for a trigger. Not providing a fish a large enough tank is a sure fire way to stress them and make them sick.

Back