Freshwater Planted Tank Light

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by drm180, Jan 24, 2011.

1. drm180

drm180

I wasn't sure where to ask this. I never get much help on freshwater tank forums. I'm looking to put some amazon swords in my 20 gallon tall angelfish tank. I'm just not sure what light I should put over it. It is 23.5 inches tall so I think I would need a lot of light. I was origanally going to use the Current USA T5 Freshwater but the smallest one is too big. This tank is only 20 inches across. Any ideas?

drm180, Jan 24, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. drm180

KarenJax Certified Master Stylist

You could try the 70watt K2 Viper or some type of nano light. My tank is 20 inches and I use 50/50 compacts

KarenJax, Jan 24, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. drm180

AmberSunrise

My angel tank had a coralife double bulb fixture with 1 T5 and 1 6700K and until my angels destroyed all the plants they looked fantastic. I believe it was the same size as yours.

Good luck I hope your angels are better behaved than mine. I lost a lot of money on plants in that tank and now they have plastic plants and they still try to shred them up LOL

AmberSunrise, Jan 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question