Friend or Foe???

Reefster

Reefing newb
Is this Aiptasia? Just noticed it growing on a rock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 334
Distilled pure white vinegar -- It's harmless in small doses. In fact, when you first get used tanks or equipment, you should give it a vinegar rinse instead of soapy rinse. Leaving traces of vinegar is less harmful than leaving traces of soap.

In fact, once in a while, I will soak all my powerheads and pumps in a 50/50 vinegar & water solution. Does wonders! I keep a huge gallon in my cabinets at all times.

Plus instead of window cleaner chemicals, you can put a mix of vinegar and water in a spray bottle to clean your glass, knowing that a little bit that accidentally ends up in the tank is harmless.

Yeah, I quess I wasn't thinking.. I've used it to clean the DT glass for years in fresh water.. but wasn't sure about salt...

BTW... if you use news paper with it to clean the glass you will get better results.. something to do with tougher and the ink.

Same with the house windows.. not that I ever clean those. .. LOL

I never see it mentioned, but, it worked for me when I had one show up. Basically, I did my best to make sure it didn't have an escape path behind it, then paved over the top with super glue gel. Haven't found an aquarium problem yet that super glue can't fix.

Back