Frog spawn died HELPPPP??!

Denita

Sail em & Sell em
Well I got a frog spawn 2 actually and they both turned brown and died on me. I am thinking it may have something to do with my ro water. I have done a water change and tested everything and everything is in exellent condition on the tests. I can not figure out why they both died. They turned brown where they are green and the next morning i could see all its ribs and nothing else. everything else in my tank is looking good my mushrooms are reproducing like crazy too.

can any one help? i feed my tank zooplayton, fish eggs, frozen shirmp, green algae, omnivore diet form marinland, also iodine and calcium, and 2 others I gotta run down stairs and look.

No I had one on the bottom of the tank and the other one was off to the side of the middle. Do they need more flow or no? It just is wierd cause everything else is doing so good. I have a yellow fox face and a blue tang but I keep them feed so they dont pick at my corals I havent seen them do it but could it be possiable that one of them disturbed it?

They were just 5 dollar frags so I am not worried too much about it but I would like to maybe get some ideas! I would like to have them in my tank some day! My sun Coral is doing awesome now Comes out every night and is getting noticablly big (on a frag stone) so thats really cool! Also just found I have 6 new coco worms on 1 of my big show rocks They are all really small but I have only had that rock for 8 or so months and it wasnt there when we moved about 2 months ago! YEAH!!!! but if you can help me with frog spawn that be cool I have never had them before so I guess I should of asked first......

I`m sure they got the dreaded brown jelly disease. It`s usually caused by trauma to the fleshy part coming out of the skelaton. Mostly see it happen to LPS corals.

I agree with Melousa. They could have been injured at the LFS or in shipping to the LFS or even in transport from the LFS to your house. I have noticed that frogspan, torches, and hammers are very susseptable to it.

Thanks everyone, Well I have seemed to keep One of them to stay alive for 3 days now but it does have the brown jelly stuff on it. So I probally will loose it. Well I guess better luck next time. Thanks EVeryone!!

Brown jelly disease is contagious among LPS corals. If one of yours got it, and you left it in the tank, that may be why your others got it too.

Really that is good to know.....shoot......... Is there anyway to get rid of it or will it just continue to spread? I hope not....... shoot......

well I did some reading on it and it says I can do a Vitiamin C dose to it. it says use a soft brush and brush the brown off and then use vitiamin C and let it sit for 3 mins to soak in and it usually has good results. I dont know If I am going to try this yet But I know I am pulling it out tonight and putting it in my dr tank. I just hope to god nothing else is infected. man that will suck.....

Can I use regurlar old vitiman C or do I have to get a buffer from the store? I have like capsels of it? it may be a stupid question but I am tryig to do anything so I dont loose the rest of my things!

I don't know about vitamin C. I've always done iodine dips. If it's only infecting one thing, you are better off breaking or cutting off the part of it that's infected and throwing it out.

yeah I think thats what I am going to do.... I am going to throw It away It was only one head of frog spawn, just a frag..... But it was my first frog spawn ever in my tank so I dont know I guess from what I have been reading the Goniporia is another main carrier of the brown jelly too.. I dont have any of that but was thinking of getting some so I am glad I found that out first! thanks for all your help biff! If you know anyone wanting to frag out some rics let me know I am very intrested in getting a ric tank up and going so far I have one lonley little ric in the tank! lol but I wanna get more!!

Back